Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Garage Band
Edfox023

Spotify keeps crashing.

I've tried re-installing Spotify, Flash, and DirectX. I've tried deleting all the Spotify folders. I've tried changing the compatibly in which it runs. I'm running Windows 7. Spotify still crashing after listening to a few songs. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Garage Band
Edfox023

Re: Spotify keeps crashing.

I can even click through songs and after about 20 clicks it crashes.

Garage Band
Edfox023

Sweet Forum.

Talent Scout
George

[ Edited ]

I'd guess our collective silence is the lack of ideas you could try.

Have you tried  unchecking "Enable Hardware Acceleration" in Spotify's preferences?

spotify_preferences_playback.PNG

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Garage Band
Edfox023

Thanks for replying. I just tried unchecking "Enable hardware acceleration" and it still crashes in about a minute of playing.

Garage Band
Edfox023

I've tried unchecking "post to spotify social" and "post to facebook" i've reinstalled my audio and video drivers. I don't know what else to do.

Garage Band
Edfox023

Grooveshark seems pretty cool and it works too.

Garage Band
Edfox023

[ Edited ]

Well I don't want to get too excited, but I downloaded an older version of spotify from a few months back, and it seems to be working so far. I hope that did it.

Garage Band
Edfox023

Man, I had to figure this out on my own. Every website, every post I went to said the same thing, "Try re-installing Spotify, Try re-installing Flash". I've done that 40 times now. Nothing, still crashing. So I googled "older versions of Spotify" and found this site, http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/old-versions/. I started going back, version by version, until I got to "Version 0.6.5". All of the "8" versions seem to automatically update Spotify to the lastest version when you close it and re-open it. I hope I didn't jinx myself by posting this, but everything seems to be working fine now. So for now the solution seems to be to use Version 0.6.5, until they can fix the problem I guess.

Music Fan
princessro07

I am having a similar problem.  Nearly every time I try to launch Spotify, it crashes immediately--so I don't have the option to do anything.  However, every once in awhile it'll magically fix and run for most of the rest of the day or all of the rest of the day.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that doesn't appear to have had an impact.  I'm not really sure what causes it to suddenly work again, or to not work at all.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.