Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
allav
Accepted Solution

Spotify keeps skipping

Every since I installed Spotify on my computer, it keeps skipping every few seconds with practically every single song. I tried re-installing but still experience the same problem. Not really sure what else to do, but it's pretty annoying.

Gig Goer
Timzor

Re: Spotify keeps skipping

Same problem here. Very annoying!

Spotify
David

Hello,

Try popping into your Preferences menu (Edit > Preferences) and then unchecking the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" setting. This generally solves some playback issues in Windows machines.
-----
Spotify
Gig Goer
Timzor

I've tried that, but it didn't help. I've updated to the latest version, and it's only with spotify I'm having these audio problems.

Music Fan
dynasty

I've the same problem - the songs keep skipping about 10 seconds in and then play normally. 
It only does this when I change the songs myself and not when the playlist keeps playing on its own.

I've tried re-installing and updating, and I unchecked the "Enable Hardware Acceleration - nothing helps?!

Music Fan
KirstieReed

AHHHH!!! This has JUST started to happen on my mobile!!

I cant find preferences to change anything and just want to go out for a run!

Any ideas on what can be done??

Music Fan
Agirl

Same problem- started skipping 10sec at a time on my phone
Music Fan
mabeechen

I'm having the exact same problem.  Every song skips.  Every single one.

At this point the software is not usable at all.

Music Fan
Radacci

Same for me.

Says: can't play current track. but it plays it for 5seconds, then skip to next song.

Music Lover
chrisclaybo

I've discovered the culprit!  Hardware acceleration is NO solution.  The evil force behind this annoying track skipping is none other than iTunes itself!  I discovered this when playing the same song on one machine that has iTunes installed (uploaded from my iTunes on that machine) and another machine that does not have iTunes installed.  The result?  Skipping on the machine that has iTunes, and no skipping on the machine that does not have iTunes. 

So, what say you Spotify admins?  I could understand you not wanting to disparage iTunes, or reveal that there is a cross-platform problem between the software for fear of losing subscribers due to compatability issues.  Honestly though, you shouldl have discovered this.  Now that I have served the problem to you on a platter, it is in your best interests to find a solution.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.