Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
effzed
Accepted Solution

Spotify keeps stopping - streaming issues - i'm off!!

well i hate to say this but after more than three years as a premium spotify user i may be leaving.  due to constant issues with streaming quality things have come to a head and i am trying alternatives.  currently got a 15 day trial to try with a rival.  so far so good no constant pausing like i get with spotify.  a bit different - going to take some getting used to, but for me the constant pausing has become a big issue.  i will still be using spotify as i have almost a month subscription left.  hopefully they can sort their issues in time.  this has been happening for a month or two now so dont hold out much hope.  a shame really, i havebeen a big spotify fan for a long time and drive my frinds mad saying how great it is.  maybe it has outgrown itself - server issues maybe i dont know.  i have 30mb connection and have tried all the tips listed on this community including turning off firewall (?!) and harware acceleration to no avail also tried running in poor sound quality mode - still breaking up/pausing.

Award Winning Artist
hpguru
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Spotify keeps stopping - streaming issues - i'm off!!

Problem also may be in your operator.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Lover
effzed

Possibly which is why i am giving another streaming service a go. If they are ok then i must assume it is a spotify problem. I have my 15 day trial to test it out. Dont get me wrong i love spotify and want to stay but at the moment their service doesnt appear to be working for me.
Music Lover
jamieC

having ssame issues - and donwloads failing its really starting to annoy i have 9 donwloads left then im trying elsewhere

Music Fan
Jfhuk

Its getting worse every day, tracks keep stopping, refuse to start for ages or sound yuck. Come on guys fix the streaming its not working..

Music Lover
mh270

I totally agree. For the last few weeks the service has been unusable. Songs stop every few seconds. I too am on a fast connection so the problem is not at my end. I'm going to start checking out rival services too. I would like to stick with Spotify but if this doesn't improve within the next week I am going somewhere else.

Music Fan
drakesdrum

Also having the same issues. I still have roughly a month left of subscription. If things don't improve come the end of the month, I will also be off. 

Award Winning Artist
hpguru
I'm a Community Rock Star

Virgin Media?

Read this: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-throttling/m-p/66859

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Fan
denisstack

I'm having exactly the same problems. I have e-mailed Spotify a few days ago to inform them of the problem, and to inform them that I will be leaving the service if it's not fixed within the month. £9.99 a month is not justified for a service that doesn't work. Streaming used to work ok (only losing connection sometimes) until about the last month or so, and seems to be getting worse.

I too was a big Spotify fan until this happened. Also I'm annoyed with the fact that the software has been getting progressively worse with more and more bugs such as the "Top Artists" and "Favourites" sections in the "Profile" just not working properly. This was obviously not tested enough before release.

effzed, what other service are you trying out? I'm Grooveshark (the free online version) now but their catalogue is a mess so I won't be paying for that.

Concert Regular
Eediot

Not just me then. I was planning on signingup for a year but will hold off until I'm sure the service is reliable.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.