Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Festival VIP
F_____R
Accepted Solution

Spotify not playing tracks / stops playing after a playlist track intermittently on Premium

Hi,

Noticed today that Spotify 0.8.2.567.g655da453 for Mac is stopping after playing a single track in a playlist.

I'm using Premium.

Attempting to press stop/play to get the next track to play doesn't help.  The play button suggests that the track is playing but there is no time displayed to the right, no little "ball" in the time line area (the bit that moves from left to right) and no sound.

Switching between playlists and playing a track in a different playlist usually fixes the problem but not always.

What's going on Spotify?  You premium service is already crap at the best of times, but  it's just dropped to a new low!

Festival VIP
F_____R

Re: Spotify not playing tracks / stops playing after a playlist track intermittently on Premium

sorry i didn't actually expect your filtering system would let me create a name like that :smileysurprised:

Concert Regular
IRotaetxe

Re: Spotify not playing tracks / stops playing after a playlist track intermittently on Premium

Same here, 10MB adsl, nothing else downloading anything... this is very disappointing, I am trying to work with some music but spotify is constantly getting me out of it. Moodagent and soundrop Apps are having the same behavior..
Music Lover
cipidos

Same here. Already for the whole day. Also the play offline modus isn't working. I just upgraded to premium. And it already doesn't work.
Concert Regular
Romfour

Same here....

100mb connexion, nothing downloading, everything else working good

Concert Regular
Romfour

Also sometimes i get some pauses while a song is playing, like if there was a streaming problem, then it plas again.

Festival VIP
F_____R

Still having major problems today. What's going on Spotify? You take my money month after month and constantly screw over your Premium customers (not to mention the artists and labels that you supposedly "support" with your tiny payouts).

It's this kind of poor level of service that makes it genuinely easier to go and download the stuff illegally on piratebay.com.

Music Fan
airac

I experience the same issues on 0.8.2.571.g84945897, Mac 10.6 with latest patches since yesterday. I thought it had something to do with the upgrade of my Spotify client, but as you have similar issues with another version it might be elsewhere...

@Spotify team, any ideas on how to diagnose this? 

Festival VIP
F_____R

I was about to upgrade to see if that solved the problem but doesn't sound like it'd make much difference.

Festival VIP
Diastro

Having the same problem. I'm a sad panda now.

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.