Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert VIP
feelfree101

Spotify really slow

I don't know if other people have the same issus but the Desktop Client is really slow for me it takes ages for things to load etc and i certianlly havn't got a slow pc or slow internet connection so don't know why I hope someone can help.

Peter
Kudos: 11,643
Solutions: 3,223

Re: Spotify really slow

Hey :) 

What operating system and Spotify version (Help/Spotify > About) are you using? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Concert VIP
feelfree101

[ Edited ]

Im using the latest version in Windows 8

PS - Its actually running really smooth now it just seems to happen suddenly sometimes

Peter
Kudos: 11,643
Solutions: 3,223

Is it only happening when you load the client? 

If that is the case it sounds like the client is reindexing your local files which eats a lot of disk activity. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Concert VIP
feelfree101

Sorry to bring up an old topic but my spotify is still going really slow I have just rstarted my computer and this is the first program I put on and still it's running slow. I have no local files yet. I do have large ammount of playlists though and apps installed on the client could this be the problem?

Music Fan
paulbrouns

I am using the latest Mac OSX, latest version of Spotify. And for months I have a strong hesitation to use Spotify on my iMac at all. All operations are slowed down and searches within spotify move on tuuuuurtle speeeeeeeed (take forever). I already switched off local file sharing, but it does not appear to help. What happened to this application? Is it just not up to serve the music demand of 2013/2014? Only on my mobile devices Spotify is working properly.

Music Lover
yopi

The desktop client is really slow cross platform. It seems that not only it tries to synchronize some hidden content (What's new, inbox, playlists etc) with BLOCKING network calls but also, it doesn't cache previous content so you can't just resume your session and sync only next playing track. That is a big mess that is only gonna get slower.

I also could go some lengths about the UI of the artists view on the desktop client that uses a tiresome white background (as opposite to gray for the rest of app) and makes the whole header absolutely useless. The problem being you have to scroll the pages for things that used to be right under the mouse.
Anyway, their mobile products do not have these issues

Music Fan
sdhalpern

Version 0.9.7.16.g4b197456

Mac OS 10.9.1 

Late 2013 (Haswell) MacBook Air - 1.7ghz Core i7 w/ 8gb RAM + 256GB SSD  (speed-demon)

I pay for Spotify premium. It currently sucks. It's slow across all desktop devices I own - incredibly slow - and my phone does not have any problems. Please fix whatever the heck you did to ruin your own application before I go back to rdio. 

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.