Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
jllull

Spotify will not connect to Facebook

I've emailed Spotify in their help section twice - no response. :(

Anywho, I can't seem to connect my Spotify account to my Facebook account anymore. It's actually quite odd. The check box to "share what I listen to on Facebook" (under the Preferences section) unchecked itself every time I proceed to another area on Spotify. Therefore none of the songs I listen to get shared onto my Facebook. I click the box and the check mark disappears! Very weird. It scrobbles on to my Last.fm account and it shares my activity on Spotify Social just fine though (because the check mark doesn't disappear). Has anyone else encountered this problem? This has been an issue for me for about a month now...

Hopefully you guys can help me out! 

Thank you!

Festival VIP
ben301

Re: Spotify will not connect to Facebook

Do you share you acount with someone?
Have you tried delete spotify in facebook then take it back in?

OS X 10.8.2 (12C3006) Client 0.8.6 / iben301
Gig Goer
jllull

Re: Spotify will not connect to Facebook

No I don't share my account with anyone else. I have tried to delete Spotify on Facebook (I think). I may have not actually deleted it though...I guess I've only deleted that App. Is deleting the App the same as deleting it from my Facebook? 

You said..."then take it back in", what do you mean? 

If you could give me directions on how to delete Spotify off of Facebook (if you think that'll fix it) that would be great! 

Thank you!

- Jessica

Music Fan
svampus88

same problem here

Hi I cant connect to facebook. I have manually connected it thru spotifys homepage.

I have been sharing spotify with my sister and now I have hers picture on my spotify accunt. 

Gig Goer
jllull

Re: same problem here

I wish i could help you! I wish someone could help us :(.

I am still unable to connect my Spotify account to Facebook...for what now...2 or 3 months haha. As a gift, I'm getting a Subscription to this wonderful site, but I may just say no thanks. This is making my experince with Spotify suck! 

Please could someone help me haha?

- Jessica

Music Fan
Jawi

Re: same problem here

i noticed the same.

Try this:

I´m also running spotify on my android phone. Turn on facebook sharing on your phone. Close your phone client. Open the mac client and the setting will be active.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.