Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
ChickenMcTest
Accepted Solution

Spotify won't close

So I downloaded and opened Spotify, then I wanted to close it.  However, clicking the red "X" in the corner does not close Spotify, it hides it? 

Okay, so I right click on the task bar and choose close Spotify and it again just hides the program?  I used task manager to end the program then restarted it and the same thing happened.

Same thing this morning after I re-booted my machine.  Is it supposted to act this way?   Seems really bizzare.

Singer
jvanderb

Re: Spotify won't close

Yes, clicking on the red X in the corner does hide it.  This appears to be something they did intentionally.  In order to exit Spotify, select Exit from the File menu from within Spotify.  If you do this, it will actually exit and not just hide.

Internet Hit
Grayson

Hey ChickenMcTest!

As jvanderb said above you can "Select Exit from the File menu from within Spotify." Alternatively, you can Right click on the Icon in your taskbar and select "Quit Spotify" Here's a picture:

Spotify.Help.Image.1

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST
Music Lover
wlathan

Considering that it's standard behavior to close the application when the X is clicked and minimizing is a duplicatation of the _ button, isn't this a bug?  I like the service but as soon as a competitor provides a more professional interface I'll switch.  

I'd rather Spotify refine their app :smileyhappy:  

Music Lover
zeroxii

Whenever I try to right click on the Spotify icon on my task bar and click the "Quit Spotify" option it just opens my "system32" file folder in Windows.  Is this a bug?  Really annoying.  I'm just trying to quit Spotify.

Concert VIP
stadtkind

[ Edited ]

@Grayson/ Spotify Team who is coding that kinda stuff

Sometimes you have "Tasks" in the right click menu, sometimes (and  for me unfortunetly most of the times) you don't, which means I have to do it the long way by opening Spotify, go to file and then hit "Close". I have no idea what triggers the Tasks to be there, they should be there always of course.

Additionally, you cannot pin the Close Task to the menu like you could do with playlists and titles. Too bad =(

missing close task:

where is tasks?

But to get that on a second time: Why the hell is spotify not closing with Windows' native "Close window" entry? That would simplify things a lot!

Internet Hit
Grayson

Hey folks! 

Post in the Spotify Ideas section of the Community with this idea. :-) 

Cheers! -Grayson

Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST
Concert VIP
stadtkind

I would rather consider this as a bug and not an idea or feature request :S
Internet Hit
Grayson

Apologies, but this is intended design of the Spotify Client. Feel free to post feedback and suggestions in the Forum I gave you. 

-Grayson

Music Fan
dawgbite

I agree that this "feature" violates Windows conventions and should be FIXED.  Perfect example of "it's not a bug, it's a FEATURE."  Arrogant.

Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.