Music Fan
keesvdlaan

Spotify won't connect altough the rest of my internet based programmes are functioning perfectly

I just discovered that I cannot connect with spotify, even tough there is no problem with my internet connection.

Im kind of in a hurry to cononect because I have some download credits that expire tomorrow..

Anyone experiencing the same problems?

Any tips for fixing this?

Peter
Kudos: 11,153
Solutions: 3,116

Re: Spotify won't connect altough the rest of my internet based programmes are functioning perfectly

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

Do you get any error messages when you try and connect? Posting them here would be a great help! ;)

Also are you running any security or firewall software? Some programs automatically block Spotify because it uses peer-to-peer connections, so you will need to add it as an exception in your software.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
DiscoCoul

Re: Spotify won't connect altough the rest of my internet based programmes are functioning perfectly

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue !
Peter
Kudos: 11,153
Solutions: 3,116

DiscoCoul wrote:
Hi, I am experiencing the same issue !

Welcome :)

Any error messages or numbers?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Liam
Topics: 135
Kudos: 1,437
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 434

Hey all, try restarting your internet connection (disconnect/reconnect wifi, pull the ethernet out etc).

Then open spotify again. If that doesn't work, reinstall :)
Music Fan
areis1688

i actually had the same problem than i looked at what peerblock was blocking and it was demolishing all spotify ip addresses so you will have to alter your lists if using this program

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.