Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
keesvdlaan

Spotify won't connect altough the rest of my internet based programmes are functioning perfectly

I just discovered that I cannot connect with spotify, even tough there is no problem with my internet connection.

Im kind of in a hurry to cononect because I have some download credits that expire tomorrow..

Anyone experiencing the same problems?

Any tips for fixing this?

Peter
Kudos: 11,862
Solutions: 3,263
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Spotify won't connect altough the rest of my internet based programmes are functioning perfectly

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

Do you get any error messages when you try and connect? Posting them here would be a great help! ;)

Also are you running any security or firewall software? Some programs automatically block Spotify because it uses peer-to-peer connections, so you will need to add it as an exception in your software.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
DiscoCoul

Re: Spotify won't connect altough the rest of my internet based programmes are functioning perfectly

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue !
Peter
Kudos: 11,862
Solutions: 3,263

DiscoCoul wrote:
Hi, I am experiencing the same issue !

Welcome :)

Any error messages or numbers?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Liam
Topics: 138
Kudos: 1,507
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 447

Hey all, try restarting your internet connection (disconnect/reconnect wifi, pull the ethernet out etc).

Then open spotify again. If that doesn't work, reinstall :)
Posted by Liam, Please give Kudos
Music Fan
areis1688

i actually had the same problem than i looked at what peerblock was blocking and it was demolishing all spotify ip addresses so you will have to alter your lists if using this program

Music Lover
Jason3610

um, i had the same problem which persisted for more than 2 weeks. my webplayer seemed to work fine but the desktop app wouldnt connect even though my internet was fine.

i think i just fixed it by running spotifyhelper.exe and spotifywebhelper.exe which i found in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Data folder.

not sure what caused them to stop running. Please reply here if it works for anyone else having this issue

Festival VIP
Ofir

It actually did work for me! Thanks!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.