Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
laban93

Spotify won't go online

Hey!

My spotify premium account wil not go online, either on my android phone or on my computer! What do i do?

Spotify
David

Re: Spotify won't go online

Hey there!

Weird - Okay, let's try and get this sorted. First of all, I'd recommend a Clean Reinstall on both your devices.

Failing that, it might be a connection issue. On your computer, check to see if you have any firewall / antivirus programs running. If so, add Spotify to the exceptions list. For your Android device, you might want to try installing this preview version

-----
Spotify
Garage Band
ErikG

It may also be that you accidently have made a change in "Edit -> Preferences -> Proxy". If you use an invalid proxyserver you will not be able attain a connection in spotify.

Music Fan
FreshPow

I noticed after some upgrade that the proxy setting got changed to "auto-detect" and this causes Spotify to be off-line while it looks for a proxy.  Edit/Preferences/Proxy and set to none.  I also noticed my play list somehow got set to not available offline.  That is annoying!  Click on the playlist and select "Available Offline".

Music Fan
JohnnyCash

Mine wouldn't go online either on my android and all I did was log off then log back on. Now it works.
Concert Regular
Superlee03

Hi, I was in Australia for 5 weeks last October & since I came back to UK I can't go online. It keeps telling me to Upgrade to premium because I'm out of the country!!! Can you help please?

Peter
Kudos: 11,491
Solutions: 3,194

Superlee03 wrote:

Hi, I was in Australia for 5 weeks last October & since I came back to UK I can't go online. It keeps telling me to Upgrade to premium because I'm out of the country!!! Can you help please?

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

You just need to update your country to UK on your online profile and you should be able to listen again ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Concert Regular
Superlee03

Hi Peter, it won't let me do that, its telling me I have to "upgrade to premium" to change my location!! Whats that all about?

Peter
Kudos: 11,491
Solutions: 3,194

That is strange, you should be free to change your location to the country you are in (if Spotify has launched there). 

Are you connecting via a VPN, proxy or company network that might be hiding your IP address? 

There is also a dedicated topic if you are having issues with a link to get in touch with the team here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
Singer86

I am having a similar issue!

I have moved to Madeira (Portugal) to work and now cannot go online with Spotify. I have reinstalled and checked my firewall, all that's done is delete all my music. I have checked my Proxy, changed it to No Proxy, still nothing. I have tried to change my country but it keeps declining my card details.....I really need this to work now!!!!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.