Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Festival Fanatic
vserranoa

Spotify won't launch

Hi,

about an hour ago, my spotify closed on my iMac and it won't open again. Tried on a MacBook Pro and it works... so i don't know what could be wrong.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Liam
Topics: 141
Kudos: 1,557
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 448
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Spotify won't launch

vserranoa wrote:

Hi,

about an hour ago, my spotify closed on my iMac and it won't open again. Tried on a MacBook Pro and it works... so i don't know what could be wrong.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Is the iMac running Max OS 10.5 or less? The Spotify app no longer supports OS X 10.5 or below. There is a download link to a legacy version that won't update that will work on OS 10.5, if you are using it.

Festival Fanatic
vserranoa

The one where it's working is 10.5.8

The one where is NOT working is 10.6.8

And there is no error message or anything. Tried to download spotify again, but when opening the install app, nothing happens :/

Liam
Topics: 141
Kudos: 1,557
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 448

vserranoa wrote:

The one where it's working is 10.5.8

The one where is NOT working is 10.6.8

And there is no error message or anything. Tried to download spotify again, but when opening the install app, nothing happens :/

Ok, thats very strange. I shall look into it further :)

Concert Regular
sjp2695

Sam problem, no launch whatsoever.  Reinstalled and had same results. I'm on 10.7 by the way.

Community Manager
Meredith

[ Edited ]

vserranoa & sjp2695 - Hi there. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. 

Could you both confirm which version of the Spotify app you've got installed?

Edit: It seems some other users are having a similar issue. Please see my post here for more details.

Concert Regular
sjp2695

Unfortunately I can't pinpoint the version number.  This behavior just started today around a half hour ago, even though the app worked perfectly fine the last time it was opened last night.  Therefore, I assume I was running the latest version, unless an update was pushed out late yesterday.

Today, I tried to troubleshoot the situation by deleting the app and it's data and reinstalling.  The same thing happens, I run the installer, and the Spotify app hangs, bouncing on the bar at the bottom of my screen.  Eventually, I right click to see "Application Not Responding", and I force close the app.  For kicks I even tried installing the legacy app for OSX 10.5, and had the same result .

I'm happy to work with you to get this fixed!

Gig Goer
Pulpee

Got the same issue. Im running OS X 10.7.5.

The Spotify icon bounces up and down for about 1 minute. Then the icon stops bouncing and stays in the menu bar. But there's no reaction whatsoever. Klicking the icon doesn't work as well as there's no player opening. 

Already tried to install the 10.5 version of spotify but still the same problem.

Any news about that yet?

Concert Regular
Just-Foosay

Could you provie a link to this Legacy version? I'm on 10.5 and my app has been crashing over and over. Just restarted it this morning and that blue update notifiyer appeared, then it just went crazy crashing each time I tried to open it.

I've deleted and reinstalled the app like 5 times now. Finally, after reading, I find that 10.5 is discontinued. 

SO yeah, a link to this Legacy version would be great. Will I still be able to have access to new artists and such, just lacking the new interface updates? Or is the library cutoff with the interface update -as in, I can no longer have music beyond 2-20-2013?

Peter
Kudos: 12,482
Solutions: 3,429

You could try using the full installer package which you can download from this page and see if that helps.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.