Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
spotymusic
Accepted Solution

Spotify won't play music at all

Hello, 

Does anyone have a real solution to the fact that spotify doesn't play ANYTHING (neither local nor remote songs). 

I have tried various solutions found on Spotify Community : 

-  Uninstall / reinstall Spotify and Update flash play

-  Update Quicktime

-  Unlick the local files in preferences

-  Change proxy settings

I have been over a month without music and am literally having a depression for not being able to listen to music at work. Plus i'm starting to get annoyed because I have paid a month's subscription for nothing. 

Who thou shalt solve my problem will be sent one kick ass playlist.

Larry

Sam

Re: Spotify won't play music at all

Hey Larry,

Are you getting any error messages at all in your Spotify? What are the exact symptoms?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Music Fan
Matt1906

This Is the exact same problem as I have, After paying for a subscription i feel completely ripped of after not being able to listen to a single song ! when I click on a song it registers that i have listened to it on facebook and the artwork appears it the bottom corner of spotify but nothing happens from then no error message and no song ! Pretty frustating as it just suddenly decided to stop working !

Gig Goer
spotymusic

No error messages.

Connects to internet fine : "What's New" is refreshed at start up, spotify social works, literally just playback doesn't work.  

Not an account  problem as my spotify works on other computers...

Not really much more I can say....

Music Fan
maverick

I also get no sound when using spotify. Same symptons:

Artwork shows up

Shows as being played in queue

Length is shown at bottom but continually stays at 0 even though it is "playing".

Here is what I see:

spotify-no-audio.jpg

Spotify Version: 0.8.3.222.g317ab79d

QuickTime Player Version: 7.7.2 (1680.56)

Not sure how to check Flash player version...

Anything else I need to provide so you can help troubleshoot?

Music Fan
Gammie

[ Edited ]

Just add ing to the thread. Have the exact same problem. The slider just sits on 0. Worked fine a couple of weeks ago (have been away, haven't listened in a that time). Have resinstalled, updated quicktime and unlinked local files.

Gig Goer
spotymusic

Hello all (who had the same problem) ,

I opened my spotify today and it has magically worked again! Does it work for you too??? 

I noticed a supposidly server problem saturday (spotify on my mac was down for like 5 hours).  Maybe the fix to that caused the fix to this....

Music Fan
Flugovalpen

I have the exakt same problem and have had for months now. Nothing I do seems to work. Signed up for Unlimited and thought that that would solve my problem (silly me) but now I have paid for Unlimited for several months without being able to play music. Getting a bit frustraded here. :/

Sam

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

What version of Windows are you all using? Have you all tried a clean reinstall of your Spotify?

You can get directions here: http://www.spotify.com//help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

If you all could provide as much information about the problem as you can, it'll help us look into it.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Gig Goer
izori

I can´t play, too. (local and online songs)

I´ve reinstalled Quicktime, Spotify and it still doesn´t work.

No error messages

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.