Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
rocketdescends

Spotify won't play some songs

Hi I am using Windows 7 64 bit iTunes will play a certain song, but Spotify won't. This is a song file which is compatible with Spotify and it doesn't have DRM on it. Please help. Its acutually not this only song. I keep finding more that it can't play, but these files aboslutely do not have DRM on them. When I press play, nothing happens.

Music Fan
freytunes

Re: Spotify won't play some songs

[ Edited ]

Ditto here.  Win7 64bit.  This Windows app is not ready for prime time.

I have a macbook on the same network, and spotify for mac works flawlessly and plays everything perfectly, local or 'net.

The Windows app just stares back at me when I click play >.   The play > button does change to a pause || button, but nothing else happens. The scrubber stays at 0:00. This happens on local files as well as network (Spotify) music.

I have premium, but this app is definatley NOT premium.

Talent Scout
George

Perhaps look at this thread: here.

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Music Lover
rocketdescends

It worked! Thank you!!! ^_^

Concert Regular
therealronn

Unfortunately did not resolve the problem for me.

Music Lover
kuhooe

Check to see if there is a musical note icon next to the song on the right hand side. If there is, the file is pointing to a local file on your hard drive and is not properly linked.  Two things you can do - right click on the song and select 'unlink' which then unlinks the song from your computer stored file - or go to 'local files' on the left hand menu - select all files, and delete.  Once you follow these steps, all songs should play.

Music Fan
lottieshiny

THANKYOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! this worked perfectly when nothing else did!!!! i am SO GRATEFUL!!!!!

Music Fan
kizarb

This helped me too -- finally!  Thank you.

Music Fan
3kk0

Thanks a lot Kuhooe! I was facing the same issues as detailed in this thread, and unlinking the tracks worked perfectly. :)

This thread should be sticky imo.

Music Fan
kayteebee7

PERFECT!!!!!!!!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.