Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
Sladman
Accepted Solution

Spotify won't play songs which I have in my Itunes library

I used to have Spotify on my windows 7 laptop and I also had Itunes and encountered no problems, but since I have upgraded to a windows  8 laptop I have found that all songs which I have brought via Itunes and are in the library will not play on Spotify. When I press play nothing happens. 

Is there a simple solution?

Anthony
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 225

Re: Spotify won't play songs which I have in my Itunes library

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you tried installing Apple Quicktime player? it sometimes installs missing codecs required to play Apple music.

Anthony :)

This post was by Anthony! I do not work for Spotify! If this solved your issue - mark it as a solution! Do you agree with/like my post? Please add a Kudo!

Spotify Community profile: Anthony | So feel free to PM me! Here
| Twitter profile: anthonyb256 |

Bedroom Songwriter
listensongs

Hello Friend

I tried the same thing to play Itunes tracks on Spotify and I found out that Itunes use m4a files and Spotify uses mp3 files and that's why Itunes files don't play on Spotify.

There is an option in the Itunes App on the PC to "change to mp3 files" but when you click on it Nothing happens,may'be in the near future Itunes will make that option available.

Music Fan
NIcoleMB

Download QuickTime Player and then reimport songs from itunes into Spotify. I had this same issue and this worked.

Music Fan
katiaxwilliams

if you right click the track, you should see "unlink track" and it will unlink it from Itunes and will play

Music Fan
jakers2693

It worked! Thank you very much!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.