Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
Mreauow
Accepted Solution

Spotify won't play

None of the music in my play lists will play.  No matter how many times I click on them, restart spotify, log out and log back in or even turn off my computer all the way.  Nothing plays at all.  

What do I need to do to get the music back?  

Concert VIP
gms49

Re: Spotify won't play

I have the same problem.  Can click the play button but it doesn't play....even in offline mode.  Did all the same things.  :(  Tech Support said THREE DAYS to respond....and I'm a PREMIUM member....obviously, I don't get premium support.

Music Fan
rjb0467

I'm having the same problem and can't find a solution to play on my desktop.

Spotify
David

Hello,

Hmm, this shouldn't be happening. Does the seek bar at the bottom of the screen look like it's playing a track, or does it just do nothing?

-----
Spotify
Gig Goer
Mreauow

Nothing happens. Unless you count the tracking dot disappearing as something happening. That only happens once per time I log in. Once it's gone it stays gone.
Music Fan
kschill

I'm having the same problem sort of...just SOME of my tracks won't play. When I initially added the track to the playlist, it worked, but once it freezes up once, it will never work again. If I press the next button, it will play the next track, but I will never hear "Call Me Maybe" on spotify again because it won't play it...

this is a big bummer and makes me want to switch back to grooveshark.

Music Fan
Silvergil73

Same here, completely hit-or-miss...I was totally fine w/ that before I signed up for premium...since then it's only gotten worse.

Music Fan
Mishikraz

[ Edited ]

I, too, am having this problem and I am also a premium member. It happens the most with a specific playlist of mine but has happened to all of them at one time or another. This morning it was playing fine and then I forwarded past 4 songs and it stopped playing again.

I've been a premium member since Spotify was launched in the US and at first this happened only when I streamed it through the Bluetooth feature in my car. But now it happens on my desktop and laptop as well in the last couple of months.

**UPDATE**

I contacted support and they told me to uninstall Spotify on all my machines, which did the trick. This was about a month ago and it's still working fine. *fingers crossed!*  

Now I just have to figure out why my new wireless Logitech keyboard (for Mac) won't forward or rewind songs via the F keys yet it'll play, stop, adjust volume, etc. But that's probably a different thread on a different site.  ;-)

Music Fan
d0000dle

I'm having the same issues with my playlist. Some songs will play but others won't. I press place and the track will not play. I really would like this fixed!

Music Fan
Owingsmillion

[ Edited ]

Im not a premium user and the same thing has been happening to me for months. Ive re downloaded Spotify multiple times and even taken my computer in to Best Buy Geek Squad. No one can fix it. It would be nice to know if Spotify is working to fix the problem.

Announcements

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.