Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
oblongo0

Spotify won't start

Hi,

From 2 or 3 days ago Spotify won't start and only pop up a windows to send a crash report. No error codes.

A tried to uninstall/install but no diference.

Thanks in advance.

Music Fan
alpinefalcon

Re: Spotify won't start

after running CCcleaner and de fragging i cannot open my premium spotify account, its costing me £10 a month and i need to get it fixed NOW !

Music Fan
whistlersmom

Yup same problem here , double clicking spotify icon , little loading thing on the mouse starts. After like 10 sec it stops and nothing happens. Annoying as hell. Ctrl alt Del , I go to processes and it says Spotify.exe * 32 as if its already running , Ive tried to delete the process tree and ive tried reinstalling nothing helps.

Community Legend
licenced

Try uninstalling while Windows is in Safe Mode. Then check that after the uninstall the Spotify app cache directory has been removed - normally this is in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage but you can check your location shown in the Spotify settings page. Then reboot Windows normally and reinstall.

D
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Music Fan
mikedavis968

Same problem here.  I can't even uninstall since my latest defrag.  Any suggestions?

Very frustrating.

Music Fan
chett2001

I had this problem after having to hard reset my PC one time. Spotify would let me login, then the login tune would play for half a second and then the app would vaporize. I cleaned out the AppData and it fixed the problem, my guess is that some file in there got corrupted because of the hard reboot.

Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.