Music Fan
frazer89
Accepted Solution

Spotify won't update!

Hi. When I start spotify on my MacBook Pro 13" running OS X Lion I get a blue bar at the top of the window saying "Like to install the latest version of Spotify? Just restart Spotify to upgrade." and when I restart it the same bar comes up again. i've done this a lot of times already and I've also tried re-installing Spotify but it still won't work. Any suggestions?

Best regards

Andreas F

Music Fan
Caballera

Re: Spotify won't update!

I have the same problem, using OSX 10.8.2. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify program with no luck. Currently on version 0.8.5.1333.g822eOde8

Festival VIP
nominon66

Same thing on my end. I'm on version 0.8.4.something and I've been tried several times. Restarting my mac didn't help.

Spotify, could we get an update/fix on this please? When do you expect this to be fixed?

Cheers

Festival VIP
nominon66

Could we get an update from Spotify please?

That's kinda important: update available but can't update.

Come on guys.....

Peter
Kudos: 11,170
Solutions: 3,120

Hey :)

I have escalated this topic to the forum staff for you. Hopefully someone will be able to look into this!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Festival VIP
nominon66

Thanks Hammeh

Festival VIP
nominon66

I got a reply that simply doesn't address the problem: they're telling me how to manage my subscriptions..... :)

Sam

Hi guys,

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps outlined here at all?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Festival VIP
nominon66

No I didn't.

If this is supposed to do the trick, then

a. it doesn't make any sense as this is not about subscriptions

b. more importantly, if this is supposed to fix things, then the person responding should actually explain this in his message. Otherwose it just looks like the guy is responding without having read the question

Now, can you tell me if this will fix the problem?

Festival VIP
nominon66

My bad. In my last reply I'm not referring to the steps you're referring to but to the reply I got from one of the Spotify guys.

Your link does seem to answer the problem. I'll try it now and let you know if it works

Thanks

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.