Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop syncing podcasts and voice memos from iTunes

Stop syncing podcasts and voice memos from iTunes

Hello Spotify community! Is there a way to sync my iTunes library with Spotify so that I can manage all my music from within the Spotify app, but don't sync my auto-downloaded podcasts and voice memos? I don't want my music suddenly interrupted by 20 minutes of someone talking. It would be great if we could have more fine-tuned control of what parts of our iTunes library sync with Spotify.

4 Replies

Tell it directly to import only music, are music voice memos and podcasts in separate folders inside the iTunes folder, if so choose file location to import local files for just music and that should fix it up for you 🙂

I'm not very technical, so would you mind to lead me through the steps as to how to "prevent voice memos and guitarband" files from going into spotify?

Thank you 

@cececarolyn wrote:

I'm not very technical, so would you mind to lead me through the steps as to how to "prevent voice memos and guitarband" files from going into spotify?

Thank you 

Hey there! Welcome to the community!

Open Spotify > Click Edit/Spotify (On a Mac it appears on the main bar at the top, on Windows it should be on the Spotify Window) > Click Preferences > Under Local Files make sure you have iTunes unchecked if it already has added your podcasts and memos in your library > Click Add Source... And browse to where your music files are located and select the folders to be added > That's it 🙂

Hope that helps! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

The Spotify App for Mac has changed quite since 2013, someone has a more updated way to fix this issue?

Suggested posts