Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Browse function

Solved!

The Browse function

I love the "Browse" function in the web-based Spotify app, but I am simply  not able to find it in my desktop app. How can I save the same playlists in my desktop app that I follow online? This should happen automatically via their servers, but it doesn't for me. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@jriano wrote:

Browse / Tunigo stopped working in my Spotify-Client (Linux). For a while I was presented with a Tunigo page where I could click on a link ot make it work, but now the link does not work, nor does the spotify:app:browse trick, it just sits there with the spinning thing, and the gray canvas.

I did a clean reinstall, cleaning everything, and it still does not work. Is there any workaround, or is there any update comming for the Linux platform?

Hey there @jriano! It is actually a bug in Spotify's servers. It should be fixed real soon! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

After you press "Follow Playlist" it should show up under your playlists.

You should also be able to find the same playlists in the Tunigo app on the desktop client (which is the app which feeds browse!)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Browse is available in the desktop app too, there is no icon yet though.

Enter spotify:app:browse in the searchbox 🙂

And a couple of other things they're working on:

spotify:app:messages

spotify:app:collection

MY PLAYLISTS
Transcend - The biggest, most uplifting and euphoric trance tunes. Updated regularly.
Progressive trance | big room, edm | dubstep, elecro, dnb | soundtrack, orchestrated | new age | pop | and more...

Thanks Miles, This was very useful...

Interesting how they didn't just put a simple link on the left panel for the browse function. I just love it on my mobile app. 🙂

@HiBerke wrote:

Thanks Miles, This was very useful...

Interesting how they didn't just put a simple link on the left panel for the browse function. I just love it on my mobile app. 🙂

I think the desktop client puts a bit more strain on the Spotify systems so they are doing a little more testing on features before they roll out. If you get fed up having to search for browse, add the Tunigo app in your desktop client (its basically the same content) 😉 

Peter

Peter

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Hi...my Tunigo app just started crashing upon opening and I can't seem to find the Browse tab on my Ipad version of Spotify. Do you know how to get the browse tab or function on the Ipad app?

Thanks for your time.

Hi...entering spotify:app:browse in the IPAD - Spotify searchbox doesn't seem to work. It brings up "playlists matching browse" and an error message indicating that it could not load the view...try again later...

Any other suggestions.

Thanks.

There is currently no way to access discover or browse (or other apps) on iPad I'm afraid. 

Peter

Thanks bro!

it is exactly like browse function on mobile app 🙂

@miles_351 wrote:

Enter spotify:app:browse in the searchbox 🙂

Thanks for the tip - since the Tunigo link has gone, spotify:app:browse is the only way I seem to be able to get to Browse on the Linux Preview (0.9.4.183)! Is there an update in the pipeline?

Neil

Browse / Tunigo stopped working in my Spotify-Client (Linux). For a while I was presented with a Tunigo page where I could click on a link ot make it work, but now the link does not work, nor does the spotify:app:browse trick, it just sits there with the spinning thing, and the gray canvas.

I did a clean reinstall, cleaning everything, and it still does not work. Is there any workaround, or is there any update comming for the Linux platform?

spotify.png
Marked as solution

@jriano wrote:

Hey there @jriano! It is actually a bug in Spotify's servers. It should be fixed real soon! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Suggested posts