Close
Concert Regular
mysticmug

Track keep stopping and starting or jumping!!!

THERE IS A PROBLEM!!!!   WILL SOMEONE AT SPOTIFY SORT IT OUT!!!

Tracks keep stopping and starting or will not play all the way through, all this started after new T&C's were introduced.

I have reinstalled flash and spotify still no success!!!

Spotify works fine on android, also it is not an ISP or computer problem as I have 100mb connection.

WHY PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT IS BROKEN!!!

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Re: Track keep stopping and starting or jumping!!!

Try to disable hardware acceleration in Preferences from Edit.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Fan
linnwergedahl

Mine also does that. Even if it's on play, it suddenly just stops, and sometimes it doesn't start again before after a few minutes. It's really annoying. I don't either pay for problems, hope there's something I can do...  

Festival VIP
JamesMcConnon

I'm getting the same issue.  I've turned off hardware acceeleration but it seems to be happening on every song now.  It'll play for a few secondes, then stop for a second, and then continue to play through the rest of the song.  It's most annoying.  Only happens on the PC, it's fine on my squeezebox and phone and TV.

Concert VIP
tomllm

Yup, I'm now having the same issues.  

I don't understand what spotify are doing to their system - a couple of weeks ago they completely broke it, now this.

It's getting to the point that subscribing just isn't worth it.

Festival Fanatic
peregrinus

I don't have jumping but tracks are stopping almost all the time.  From another thread this appears to be a problem with Virgin Media who appear to be throttling Spotify (it uses P2P) but a fix is due tomorrow (21st May) but it is beyond annoying!

Music Fan
Whispering444

I also have this problem and will be cancelling if its not sorted as its actually very stressful listening to it. I hope there is a solution as otherwise this is an excellent program. It happens on my phone

Rising Star
Radian

This seems to me to be a "feature" of the Spotify service as it's been an ongoing issue for several years now, and has never acknowledged as a BUG. It's also the one subject I've raised with their tech support and had no reply back - so they're probably sick of hearing about it knowing there's nothing they can say to help.

My experience is it "flares-up" as a problem now and then (particularly bad for me tonight). Plenty of bandwidth here, checked with ISP (who understand Spotify) and they have told me that there's no shaping on traffic between me and the Spotify servers.

Browsing the Spotify apps and other services (music searches etc.) are all affected by huge delays at the same time - so it would be a fair guess at this being a lack of capacity on the server side.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Music Lover
youvegotthat

stop start stop start stop start stop startstop startstop startstop startstop startstop start

anyone know how to fix this.

have uninstalled, reinstalled. what a waste of time. £9.99! rip off

Peter
Kudos: 9,400
Solutions: 2,610

Do you get the same experience on the web player https://play.spotify.com/ ?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.