Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
SenS

Translation of my problem in englisch. Help wanted

Hi everyone,

After Spotify was updated I get the following message: "Spotify is already running but not responding. Close the program and restart" ...... I've rebooted several times and re-installed nothing helps ...... I had the old version and have installed that and that works .... After the automatic update again the same problem .... Anyone experience this?
  Hopefully you understand my english :)
regards,

Sven

Spotify
David
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

Re: Translation of my problem in englisch. Help wanted

Hello Sven,

Welcome to the Spotify community. Hmm, that sounds like a case of Spotify already running on your computer. Couple of things you could do.

Manually search for any trace of Spotify on your computer. On a Windows machine, it tends to be installed in "Users/(username)/App Data/Roaming" location. Then, open up the Task Manager and take a look to see if Spotify is running in that at all. If so, close all trace of Spotify down, and then try running the updated version. This should get it working.
-----
Spotify
Gig Goer
SenS

It does not work :( when the upgrade is installed I get the same message :( I think the problem is with the upgrade. The old instalation program works perfectly. Other solutions?

Greets Sven

Gig Goer
SenS

Hi,

Problem solved, Panda antivirus program caused the problems mentioned, Spotify works perfectly again.

Greets,

Sven

Spotify
David
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

Hey Sven,

That's good to hear - Thanks for letting us know!
-----
Spotify
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.