Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
dasuljung
Accepted Solution

Trouble logging in Spotify? (Firewall problem??)

[ Edited ]

So, I've been using Spotify for the past 3 weeks or so and it has been running smoothly. Until recently, when I tried to log back in, there's a message saying

"A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify (error 101). Additionally you could try to change the currently used proxy settings."

I don't know where this came from and I haven't even messed around with the firewall settings or anything. I tried to uninstall then reinstall Spotify to see if it would change anything, but that didn't seem to work. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I really want to listen to my music again :(

Thank you!

Community Legend
licenced

Re: Trouble logging in Spotify? (Firewall problem??)

Just a quick check before trying to find firewall/proxy settings you need ...

Are you using Spotify from within a business or school/college network? If so the network administrators may have blocked it because of its use of P2P protocols. If so then you need to talk to them, but it would be unlikely you'd convince them to open it back up.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Music Fan
lkellnet

Hi! I've had exactly the same problem, but I'm using a private computer - do you have any idea what the settings should be/how to change them??

Thanks x

Community Legend
licenced

Found this posted by a mod on another thread:

Richard wrote:
Hey guys, error 112 is one of our connection problems. So it's worth checking your firewall/antivirus software and so on.

Since you asked for the ports, here's the info:
78.31.8.0/21
193.182.8.0/21

The following ports will provide a more restricted flow:

78.31.8.0/24
78.31.12.0/24
193.182.8.0/24

At least, I think that's right. Let me know how you get on with those.

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Music Fan
RebeccaFordred1

I have had the firewall problem for months and have still have not been able to get it sorted out. Im not using a private computer or any other just my own home one and I don't seem to know how to update my firewall 

dasuljung wrote:

So, I've been using Spotify for the past 3 weeks or so and it has been running smoothly. Until recently, when I tried to log back in, there's a message saying

"A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify (error 101). Additionally you could try to change the currently used proxy settings."

I don't know where this came from and I haven't even messed around with the firewall settings or anything. I tried to uninstall then reinstall Spotify to see if it would change anything, but that didn't seem to work. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I really want to listen to my music again :(

Thank you!

Music Lover
bmstaylor

my mcafee virus software expired and I could not access settings and of course the firewall was on. If the software isn;t running it can't screen websites. I uninstalled the software and Spotify worked after that. Check your windows firewall settings too. Try UNINSTALLING expired virus programs. wORKE FOR ME!

Music Lover
bmstaylor

Uninstall expired Virus programs - I had McAffee. It might work with Norton too. I had this firewall problem for some time. I was holding on to the virus software debating if I wanted to renew it or not. This firewall/login problem got thinking that the mcaffee firewall was locked on and I was right. Hope this helps someone else.

Music Fan
Sexerize

It does not work and log on spotify

Music Fan
imsomad

Same problem

Im experincing the same issue, when i try to log in it beeps then says a firewall may be blocking spotify please update your firewall, error 101. i dont know how to allow spotify on firewall? help

Music Fan
SOPHIETRUEMANS

Ok so i had this problem and it annoyed me for so long, i realised that i had Mcafee still installed but i didnt use it.

So after trying all of the pathetic things the moderators suggested i just simply uninstalled Mcafee and then restarted my computer and it worked again. It turns out Mcafee was blocking me changing my firewall for some annoying reason, i hope this helps because spotify certainly haven't been helpful :)

Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.