Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
Jerry

URI/URL.. What s that number?

I have no idea what the URI/URL number is or how to find it... help....

Richard

Re: URI/URL.. What s that number?

[ Edited ]

Hey Jerry, welcome to the Community.

It is a little unclear isn't it? I'll do my best to explain.

A Spotify URI is used by Spotify to start playing a particular song. And you can also use it here in the forum to bring up a link, as so: Serge Gainsbourg – Bonnie And Clyde

You can also put it into the Spotify search box to find the track, so it can be helpful if you're reporting content errors.

A Spotify HTTP link is a link like any other that can be shared with others to help them access the song, such as in an email.

It will bring up a new page with a play button on to launch the track, and prompt you to sign up if you don't have an account. You'll see that the link for the play link on that page is just the URI, as above.

Example: Sidney Torch – Barwick Green

To get either though just right-click a track and select the option you want. Then post it where you want it to go.

Feel free to play around with the various options in this thread if you'd like.

[Post-script: this FAQ does a slightly better job of explaining things if the above is confusing]

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Gig Goer
Jerry

Thank you.. Is that the reason that I'm not getting sound out of my IPad? Other links give me sound but this one isn't, is there a connection??

Gig Goer
Jerry

I'm not getting any music out of my Ipad, is there  connection? The program works great on my PC. Other links like Pandora work fine.

Richard

Do you have the Spotify app installed on your iPad? (The iPhone version that is, we don't have a supported iPad app yet)

The links should just open up the app and start playing music.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.