Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
bob46

Vocals too low

Maybe someone can help me out here. I am on Windows 7 64-bit. All other sound works fine, but for some reason ANY song I play on Spotify has the background instrumentals so loud that I can barely hear the vocals. I searched Google but couldnt find anything. 

Has anyone else experienced this and can you please help me fix it?

Thanks

Spotify
David

Re: Vocals too low

Hey there.

Try popping into the Preferences menu (Edit > Preferences) and unchecking the "Set the same volume level for all tracks" setting. That might make things a little more even musically.
-----
Spotify
Music Lover
bob46

I already had that unchecked. Still the same thing, muffled music.

Music Fan
debegray

I'm having the same problem, and it's fairly recent that this started. I remember the same songs being fine a few months ago. 

Music Fan
egrace707

are you listening through headphones?

neo-x
Kudos: 2,024
Solutions: 70

Have you updated the Spotify software? Sometimes these muffled sounds are from some sort of driver problem. If you try to set the quality of the sound to lower and see if it has any kind of effect. If things work out in lower quality -> Could be the possibility that there is an issue with high quality sounds in the sound cards properties / drivers.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Music Fan
cccory

I'm having the same problems as well. It just started today, about half way through the day. This morning everything was fine. I was listening to a song off one of the Top Tracks list and it sounded perfect. When that song was finished I tried playing something from my Starred track list and all of a sudden the vocals drop out. It's like listening to a distorted instrumental track. Now, no matter what song I play, I can barely hear the vocals. I've tried changing all my Playback Preferences but nothing has worked. 

I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8. As far as I can tell, all of my drivers are up to date.

Music Lover
CJRed

This seems to be related to an update issue. Spotify simply needs to update itself.

Fixed mine by:

1. Exiting Spotify all together. File > Exit
  2. Re-opening application (You will see spotify dialouge box that says installing/updating)
Music Fan
gdegraaf

I still have that same problem, even after the last update. Thing is, sometimes it is there and sometimes it is not, but I don't recognize any link to what I do or the songs I play or anything...

Garage Band
MultipleGnat

Is you Audio Drivers up to Date?

Is Spotify Up to Date?

Give me a link to a track which is doing this by right clicking on the track and click copy HTTP link.

Try restarting Spotify and you PC this can sometimes help.

System Specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz), 4GB Ram DRR3 (800Mhz), Intel 3000 HD Graphics, 500GB HDD at 5400 RPM, 250GB Extra HDD at 5400RPM, WIn7 Home Premium

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.