Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
bbezanson

Re: What happened to the "What's New" tab???

I like Discover, but really used the "What's New" tab.

I see the new web site has a "Browse" tab that is basically "What's New" on steroids.

When will that be coming to the desktop clients?

Music Lover
ultra-dave

I agree with Peter.  The Tunigo App does a way better job on New Releases than I ever got from Spotify's.  I was infuriated at first when I saw the change to Discover, however, I do have to admit that I did find some good stuff using it - but it does take time to sift through all the unwanted stuff.  The Discover page should be customizable as well as evolve based on your listening habits.  There's just TOO much stuff on it...  like the old MySpace... Gasp! 

But with the Tunigo App, you get to have the best of both worlds - Discover artists based on your feed and get a New Releases tab.

Glad I googled this question.  Thanks Spotify team!

Gig Goer
septsam

Spoiler
I so agree. I like being exposed to new music not just a rehash of what I already know I like!

Band Member
Rollo_

bbezanson wrote:
I see the new web site has a "Browse" tab that is basically "What's New" on steroids.

Where are you seeing this "Browse" tab?

If this post was helpful, please click the green "+" button below

Read my take on YourMusic HERE.

If you like the Starred list and its ease of use, and would like to see its return, please support by adding Kudos and comments HERE

If you'd like a lean and fast Spotify desktop, without all the default apps slowing things down, please support my idea thread to opt out of them by adding an option to turn them off and on in Preferences. Staff has shown interest in this idea. Click the "Kudos" button and add your comments   HERE

Music Lover
johnnymack2000

What I really liked about the old What's New tab, was that it was a PLAYLIST of all the newest music. Is there a place on
Spotify iPhone menu where you can have an all new music playlist already made??
Joe
I'm a Community Rock Star

Have you tried the Tunigo iphone app? If not, give it a go.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Music Fan
psun

I just wish that they left the What's new and ADDED the discover tab... why delete the Whats New? This discover thing is ok, but it's kinda stagnant. I 'discovered' new music when I saw new releases every week. I don't need to discover artists albums I already own from the 90's... 

Garage Band
steveinathens

I agree psun, Discover is pretty terrible. Yes, i know what i listened to alot lately.....   Don't need anybody to tell me such....

PLEASE BRING BACK WHAT"S NEW!!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.