Music Fan
micaylamcmurray
Accepted Solution

Why Won't My STARRED Playlist STAY PUBLIC?

I find myself contually switching the playlist from private to public on my profile but it reverts on its own

I'd like it to stay public!! Help??

Peter
Kudos: 11,125
Solutions: 3,103

Re: Why Won't My STARRED Playlist STAY PUBLIC?

Hey :) 

Gonna move this over to the desktop section since it is not a web player issue. 

This is a known issue in the desktop client, but don't worry it is only displaying incorrectly in the desktop client, whichever setting you select is saved and used but it will always show as Secret for some reason! It has been reported! 

Peter

Move: Web --> Desktop

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
tcc5a

This is happening to me as well and no matter where I look at it (from my profile or when I right click on the playlist on the left sidebar) It always changes back to secret when I restart spotify. How can I ensure that it is actually public and stays public? My username is tcc5a

Thanks!

Joe

Hi. I can see a bunch of your playlists, including the "liked from radio" but not your starred one. If you change the public/private setting on it again it should be public but I can check for you, if you want to be sure :)

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Music Lover
tcc5a

I keep changing it to public over and over and again but it automatically switches back to secret :(

Joe

[ Edited ]

Sigh...........as Peter said above, it's just an issue with the setting not showing correctly. Your sterred list is public as I type this.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Gig Goer
Neejoh

[ Edited ]

When people I follow set their starred playlist to Public (right click on the starred playlist > make public), I still am not able to see it on the Desktop Spotify app...?

Is this being worked on? It's getting pretty frustrating.... Or is there something we're overlooking? 

Peter
Kudos: 11,125
Solutions: 3,103

Neejoh wrote:

When people I follow set their starred playlist to Public (right click on the starred playlist > make public), I still am not able to see it on the Desktop Spotify app...?

Is this being worked on? It's getting pretty frustrating.... Or is there something we're overlooking? 

Got a link to a profile which this happens on @Neejoh ?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Gig Goer
Neejoh

Via the browser/iphone/ipad Spotify apps the Starred playlist is public and viewable for this profile: https://play.spotify.com/user/1129364670

When I try this on the Spotify app (Mac) there's no Starred playlist?

Music Fan
craigcamm

Peter wrote:

This is a known issue in the desktop client, but don't worry it is only displaying incorrectly in the desktop client, whichever setting you select is saved and used but it will always show as Secret for some reason! It has been reported!

This problem is not solved and this solution is not accurate. This is not just a display issue in the desktop app. Changing the starred playlist to Public makes the playlist public everywhere until I reopen the desktop client. Even if I make it public from my mobile app, when I open the desktop app it is secret again.  And it is not just displaying secret. It is secret from the mobile app and to other users.

Thanks

-C

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.