Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
Baikeru

Why won't it let me add my own music to playlists?

I was wanting to hear I Need You To Love Me by BarlowGirl (the real version, not the acoustic version Spotify has), and I started a new playlist to add a bunch of songs I have on my computer including that one. There were 20 songs I was trying to move into the playlist, and only two songs (Lost In Love by Air Supply and Love Me Tomorrow by Chicago) transferred. No matter what I do, it won't let me put those other 18 songs into the Spotify playlist. Also, I can't find most of my own music in the "Local Files" tab. I understand that not all the music in the world will be on Spotify, and I understand why The Beatles and others aren't on there, but why can't I make a Beatles "LOVE" playlist by dragging the album into Spotify? I am a Premium user, so I don't understand why I can't add whatever song I want to my own playlists.
Posted from Facebook
Spotify
David
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

Re: Why won't it let me add my own music to playlists?

Hi,

You should be able to add your own tracks - What filetype are they? Are they stored on your computer or on an external hard drive?
-----
Spotify
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.