Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jao
Garage Band
jao

Windows 8 client

What is the expected release date for a spotify Windows 8 client?

Award Winning Artist
hpguru
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Windows 8 client

Hey, the new version of Spotify support Windows 8 completely. I think the version is 0.8.5 and this is already available, so you receive an update soon.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
neo-x
Kudos: 2,005
Solutions: 70

I think the new version isn't made for Windows 8 but it could work better since the older had issues. Surely a Metro App is coming at somepoint. No ETA to my knowledge.

Last time Windows 8 Full support was said to be released when the WIndows 8 starts to come with OEM / with the computers and not only for MSDN subscribers or such.

I'd say try the new version out if it works...

Surely this is just me and my legendary 2 cents :)

PS. I don't work for Spotify.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

jao
Garage Band
jao

Thanks. I'm using 0.8.4 so I just have to wait I guess (haven't found a 'check for updates' button in spotify yet)

neo-x
Kudos: 2,005
Solutions: 70

There is a 0.85 link circulating here somewhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u81vxbycyywm1y4/Spotify_new.zip

Thats the one.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Music Fan
Tokath89

It works just fine, but runs on the desktop, and thus not as a tile. A tad annoying, but W8 is 2 days old at this point :P 

Music Lover
sanewicked

I hope they implement Aero Snap features before the make some useless Spotify Metro App

Music Fan
jade--

Would love to see them hook into windows 8 like the (microsoft) music app does (control via the popup that you see when you change volume).

Does not even have to be a metro app, just some more usability :)

Concert Regular
SudoSamurai

Maybe I'm just cursed or something, but I was running 0.5.2 which would run fine for about five minutes, then freeze and crash, but Spotify.exe would run in the background and the only way to kill it and try again was to reboot.

Upon finding this thread, I downloaded 0.8.5, removed old version, installed new version, same exact problem. Like, no different from before at all. What gives?

Bedroom Songwriter
MikeSoton

0.8.5 version here on windows 8 pro; just upgraded from win 7 home premium; check forum as it's not working for anyone - SORT IT OUT SPOTIFY?!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.