We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.Learn more here

Close
Concert Regular
Gavst3r

Windows 8

Hey all,

Do you think we'll see a beta app for Spotify on the Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

Garage Band
jayy

Re: Windows 8

I'm running Windows 8 Consumer Preview and it works fine... The only difference I have noticed it duplicated the Windows Media Player Playlist if you had it on there... other then that... it works great.

Concert Regular
Gavst3r

I have it also. I would like to see an app for metro.

Concert VIP
Sytone

I see that slacker already have a metro app. Are there any plans at all?

Talent Scout
George

Given that we've been asking for an iPad app since the iPad was released in 2009, and we've still not got one... I wouldn't expect a metro app anytime soon, or any plans soon either.

Also I thought metro apps were based in HTML and JavaScript... so it's unlikely that we'll ever get a metro app - since Spotify has previously said (in response to a web app) that they believe they can produce a better quality experience with proper desktop apps.

Maybe they'll surprise us... but I don't think it'll be a priority since the normal desktop app will work fine in Windows 8.

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Concert Regular
Gavst3r

But what about those that will be using the ARM processor?

Surely they will have to cater for that?

Music Fan
SMillerDev

First off:metro apps can be

• C++ (most used programmer language)
  • BASIC (most used windows programming language)
  • JavaScript an HTML (web language)
Music Lover
Kaifr

Agree, we need a metro version. It could show new releases on the startpage tile etc. They could port the Windows Phone player over to Windows 8.

Music Lover
Kaifr

[ Edited ]

And use C#

Announcements
Win free Premium
This contest is now closed. The winners will be posted here very soon.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.