Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wont play some songs.

Solved!

Wont play some songs.

I've got Spotify unlimited. For a few songs, it just won't play. The play bar is empty, it says it's playing but there's no sound or anything. Only happens on some songs, and even after I've imported local files of the same songs it wont play. I'd think it was a problem with the local files, but others still work.
For the most part, it seems to be songs I've played a lot which just makes it worse since they're my favorites. Any idea what could be causing it? Restarting doesn't help. 

26 Replies

this worked thank you very much!

This happened to me too. The way to be able to play the song is to go to local files, right click on the track and click unlink track. then search up your song and play it. It should work.

The majority of local file issues can be fixed using the steps here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Windows-Troubleshooting-Spotify/m-p/47876...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i'm usually on my computer and i put spotify on shuffle but i have noticed several times that when any of the arctic monkeys' songs are queued next it doesnt play them and i have to skip to the next song, i didn't mind it but now im missing out on my favourite band

Try the steps in my post above and see if they help?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a couple of issues re: songs not playing/different versions of songs

1) For example i have an Album by Embrace, i can see the full album with all 10 songs,9 of them are grey in colour and will never play while the one i can play(their most famous one)is in white and never had an issue. Have tried it on my laptop,tablet and 2 iphones,all the same.

2) I have a certain song i play which is a heavy rock song but when i put my sim into my other iphone it gives me the soft version.how do i save both as it wont give me the option of finding the soft one when im playing the rock one and vice versa

3)An album i have plays a song ie called apple yet the song is clearly not apple and apple should be on that album.

I hope i explaned this clear enough,as i said i have tried it on numerous devices so im at a dead end as how to figure it out

Im having this issue as well but it's only on my phone- the only solutions ive come across have been for a computer but on my iphone some songs just wont start. it stays at 0:00. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and that worked temporarily- it just changed the songs that wont play.

Suggested posts