Music Lover
AutumnsBandit
Accepted Solution

Wont play some songs.

I've got Spotify unlimited. For a few songs, it just won't play. The play bar is empty, it says it's playing but there's no sound or anything. Only happens on some songs, and even after I've imported local files of the same songs it wont play. I'd think it was a problem with the local files, but others still work.
For the most part, it seems to be songs I've played a lot which just makes it worse since they're my favorites. Any idea what could be causing it? Restarting doesn't help. 

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Re: Wont play some songs.

Same problem. I resolved it by restarting song. Click on 0:00 and song should work again.

Still this in no real solution, so Spotify fix it...

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Lover
AutumnsBandit

Mine doesn't even have a number. There's no slider in the play bar. It looks like this on a couple of songs, and I'm having the same problem with more and more of them. Capture.JPG

Music Fan
jetturbo

I'm having exactly the same issues from time to time, incredibly annoying for a service I'm paying for! 

Music Lover
Nickman838

Those songs that won't play are songs that spotify has found on your computer, I have been having the same issues and it is extremely frustrating because they are songs that I listen to most :p BUT I found that a right click on the song and then go down to click "unlink track" towards the bottom of the menu that pops up (just above "delete") Is an effective way to fix this problem.

Music Fan
Blåskjegg

Unlink track is definitive the way to make these songs play again.  But I still find it a little confusing why some songs won't play, because all of them are songs i have purchased through spotify. Luckyli, after unlinking, they play again.

Music Fan
Fraket

Awesome! Didn't realize it was because they are already on my computer. I was about to cancel my service as well because I would see a track that I knew was great but it didn't have a play bar. I was like "Arggg! Every good song won't play!".

Maybe they should add a note somewhere that lets the user know that the song was already found on their computer. It's a bit frustrating.

I feel silly now :D

Music Fan
tonyya

Had the same problem. Downloading "lame_enc.dll" and putting in in Spotify/Data folder should solve the problem for many mp3 files in your local library.

Concert Regular
Morituri

[ Edited ]

Blåskjegg wrote:

Unlink track is definitive the way to make these songs play again.  But I still find it a little confusing why some songs won't play, because all of them are songs i have purchased through spotify. Luckyli, after unlinking, they play again.

It's not even quite definitive. It didn't work for me.

Concert Regular
Morituri

As a follow up, I'd tried all the solutions I've come across so far with no effect, but installing QuickTime 7.7.3 (the most recent) did fix the problem. It looks like there isn't a version of QT that's even officially geared for Windows 8, but it did fix the problem for me. Not surprising, since my issue seemed to be with M4A files.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.