Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yet Another "Spotify Not Playing Music" Problem

Solved!

Yet Another "Spotify Not Playing Music" Problem

So the problem itself is pretty simple: Spotify will not play any local music files, radio, or any music at all. I can click on the song to play and it'll load the info in the bottom left, however the actual song timer/slider will sit at 00:00 and nothing seems to work as far as getting it to play.

Looking around it seems quite a few people are having this problem as well.

I've tried the usual disabling hardware accelerator and cross fading, neither worked.

I unistalled and did a fresh install, didn't work.

Any ideas or what information you need?

97 Replies

Okay, I'm working again...KINDA.  I de-installed Flash.  uninstalled all spotify from the system.  Reinstalled it clean.  Now it works....BUT.....

it does stay in the 0:00 when I skip to the next song.  Premium, here, too.

Greg

Dude, I have a similar if not the same problem. My problem is that the local files won't always play. For example, I can listen to Faith No More's "Album of the Year" but not Faith No More's "Angel Dust." Although I haven't checked thoroughly, so far it appears the songs I can play are mp3 format, and the ones I can't are m4p. But according to Spotify, m4p format is supported. I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not.

well read most of you entries. Also premium here. I just logged out and in again, then it worked for me.

Thanks!

same problem here... the last few days Spotify won't play any music at all. sometimes i can play one song, but then it won't start another. i hope this gets fixed soon, because i don't feel very tempted to continue paying for a disfunct software...

Spotify won't play through an album that's in my local files.  Seems like I have more and more problems playing local mp3s with every new update.  I really hope Spotify addresses this or Im going to cancel my subscription.  

i have also started to have this problem but it seems to be getting worse as the week goes on. It first started stopping randomly after a couple songs but now it seems its eveyr other song it just stays at 0:00 and i have to go go to a diffrent song then go back or move the song more foward manually but this problem has began to become annoying solutions? 

Whoever moderates this board should  remove the "resolved" status from this thread.

This is all too much trouble to be bothered with! For what we pay, we have the right to expect things to work the way they should. The more I use this, the more I'm convinced it's just not a very professional operation . . .

It's saying there is a problem with my soundcard. But I can play music on Pandora, so that's obviously not it. Spotify was working just yesterday. 😞 Can you help? I realllllly like Spotify and I want to listen to music. 

Mine was working fine until I deactivated the login at startup. After that, when I hit the play  button no music would play, the time slider just stayed at zero. Then I went back in and checked the box to autologin at startup, restarted my computer and everything played fine. I don't know if this will help anyone else but it helped me. However, it's still annoying that I have to have spotify auto login when I start my computer.

I am having the exact same problem. I just got Spotify and signed up for premium service.  I searched for some songs and they played beautifully.  However, some songs just don't play.  I have no issues with firewall or volume. This is frustrating as we are now paying for a service that seems to be pretty flaky.

I am having the same problem.

I've uninstalled twice.  Checked my other devices to ensure spotify is not enabled and logged on.  My next step will be to unsubscribe and stop paying for crappy service.  

Hi,

I didn't want to create another thread with the same problem, so I'm posting here :

I'm having the same problem, I can't play my local files (7 album In my playlist, can only listen to 2 album, this playlist : http://open.spotify.com/user/1136691898/playlist/1GEzQ8TcMMkqrJFkmeg3c2).

All files are local, can only play the first 2 albums I added (Re-Enligthment and LeeSSang of Honey Family), I don't have the time cursor on the other files, but I can listen to anything in the playlist on my android phone.

The song is playing in the screenshot below.

spotify_problem.jpg

I tried cleaning my library, tried to reimport and I still can't play these files. I can play the files on WIndows Media Player, Media Player Classic, VLC, Walkman App on my Xperia S, VLC on Android, etc. Only Spotify can play the files.

This is not a user-related problem Spotify guys. Please take these issues seriously - there's no surer way to lose your market lead than pissing of your best (Premium) customers

I've got exactly the same prblem, not a premium user and tried re-installing all sound related drivers and spotify and quick time  and all. about to throw the laptop out of the window. 

It's sad that a free service has charged and then in return pissed off there loyal and now paying customers. Might change over to groove shark if I can't find a soloution. 

FOUND THE ANSWER!! The reason my songs didn't play was because the type of file wasn't supported. Make sure your local music is saved in a folder somewhere and then delete the music in the  "Local files" folder. Your playlists will now work!

Mine is playing but i can't hear it ..

Suggested posts