Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager
Meredith

Re: can't accept the licence file

jjh- I've just moved your post into this larger thread. Please try those suggestions I posted earlier and let us know how that works for you.

ttynjala- We're happy to try and help with whatever issues you're experiencing. If you fill out our contact form and post your case number here I can take a look.
Music Lover
thelbekk

I may have a workaround here. When you've got the licence agreement window up, with the hidden "Accept" button, there's precious little you can do with the Spotify window, except move it around. I found it was possible to maximize it, though. Then I discovered that I couldn't get it out of the maximized mode again, so I just closed the licence agreement window, terminating the application. When I then started the application again, it started with the Spotify window maximized, and the licence agreement window on top of it, *with the buttons visible*! Accepting the new agreement worked, and things are back to normal. It could be I just got lucky, but it would be good if someone else would try this sequence of actions, and report back. -tih
Music Fan
throwaway

Thanks thelbekk, that worked for me :smileyhappy:

Music Lover
aslog

Not for me, though.

Concert VIP
gasman74

thanks for the work around. worked great

Festival Fanatic
tibi

works for me

great!!

but i must agree that it is strange that spotify does not come with a solution.

what they suggest did not help the newest version is the exect version which gives the problems at the first place. so they should know this will not work.

jjh
Gig Goer
jjh

Logging on on a non linux machine and accepting the TOS worked for me. After doing that, the linux version didn't pop up the TOS, and I was able to log in. Thanks.
Music Lover
Jaaman

That didn't work for me. Any other solutions?

Festival Fanatic
tibi

did you try both options? (see first post)

Music Fan
starkittngames

I used alt-f4 to log out as the license itself doesn't seem to have a close button under Gnome3 (Mint 12), which logged me out. upon login, the license had the buttons and all is well now.

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.