Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
MaryAlex
Accepted Solution

deleting songs from library

There are all these RANDOM songs in my library that I can't get rid of!

Help.

Singer
jvanderb

Re: deleting songs from library

Items should only show up in your library if they are on your computer, or in a playlist.  Chances are they are songs located in your downloads, music folder, or in iTunes.  Try this: Open Spotify, click the Spotify menu at the top of the screen, then select Preferences.  In the preferences screen, look in the section labeled 'Local Files.'  Uncheck one item at a time, then recheck your library for the random songs you are referring to.  If they go away, you will have found the source of the songs in your library that you don't want.

Music Fan
Bchicago

I had an album that didn't exist on my hard drive and could NOT be deleted from my Spotify!

I just used your advice^^^ and it worked perfectly. Thank you!

Concert Regular
Valentinas_Dad

I am unable to get rid of songs in my library.  I went under Local Files in Preferences and uncheked everything.

Music Fan
TT0431

How to remove songs from library

Well If you want to delete some songs you first go to Local Files You click on the one you don't want if it's more than 1 Press command before clicking the other one and when your done clicking all of them press the delete button and when your done you look in your library your song(s) are gone!! :-)

TT0431

Music Lover
Sylaous

Re: How to remove songs from library

I am trying to remove songs from my library that are NOT on my computer, they came from spotify's database. This is problematic as I now have the songs to transfer to my computer and do not want duplicate track listings. Please help.

Peter
Kudos: 12,490
Solutions: 3,431
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: How to remove songs from library

Sylaous wrote:

I am trying to remove songs from my library that are NOT on my computer, they came from spotify's database. This is problematic as I now have the songs to transfer to my computer and do not want duplicate track listings. Please help.

Hey :) 

Your library will collect all of your local files as well as any tracks you have in any of your playlists. So removing the corresponding tracks from your playlists will remove them from the library.

In regards to adding local files, as long as the Spotify client can link those tracks to the tracks in its catalogue (which happens automatically when you import) then it shouldn't show the duplicates in your library since it knows you own the track. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
tomwaitsfan1

Somehow I've managed to Sync my iTunes library into my Spotty Library and Local Files. I don't want them there. Anyone know how to remove them/un-sync?

Cheers.

Peter
Kudos: 12,490
Solutions: 3,431
I'm a Community Rock Star

tomwaitsfan1 wrote:

Somehow I've managed to Sync my iTunes library into my Spotty Library and Local Files. I don't want them there. Anyone know how to remove them/un-sync?

Cheers.

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Head to Edit/Spotify > Preferences and untick all of the Local File source boxes. 

Then go to the "Local Files" tab on the left, select a track, then highlight all (via Ctrl/Cmd+a or Edit > Select All), right click and select "Unlink Track". 

No more local files ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
tomwaitsfan1

Hey Peter,    DUDE!!!!   Fixed in a trice. Many thanks both for your fast response and for your clear concise remedial instruction.  Worked a treat.   Ha! They're messin' with the wrong guy here!!

FYI: I think I now know how this suddenly happened. I had a Spotty problem a couple of weeks back, had to de/re-install. Spotty must tick those library folders as default. Also, the prog was taking an age to open, not surprising when I tell you in excess of 24,000 music files were sucked in from my iTunes library.

Anyway, all's well now. Thank you again

Cheers

den.

Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.