Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
aries42076
Accepted Solution

error code 13

I'm trying to download it and right as it gets to the point of running the installer it says "the installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created (error code 13) I've tried everything I know how to do, apparently it's a Protocol issue, but I don't know. Someone help?

Singer
jvanderb

Re: error code 13

What version of Windows are you using?

Gig Goer
aries42076

Vista Home Premium

Singer
jvanderb

Are you using an administrator account, or a normal user account?  Have you tried running the installer with elevated privileges (Right click installer, left click on 'Run as administrator')?

Gig Goer
aries42076

Eh messin around with it led me into a bunch of other stuff wrong with this machine lol. thanks for the help I'm going to try to fix these errors and if I still can't get it to work I'll be back. I appreciate it.

Music Fan
robgault

I had this same problem after a system restore. "Run as Administrator" was not the solution because it tells you not to!. I used Agent Ransack to find and delete all folders associated with Spotify including:

C:\Users\[My account]\AppData\Local\Spotify

C:\Users\[My account]\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

C:\Users\[My account]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\M2VPUL8R\www.spotify.com
C:\Users\[My account]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#www.spotify.com

Then I was able to download and re-install spotify. After logging in, it looks like I still have all my playlists.

Concert VIP
i12rok

Re: error code 13 - Windows 8 Pro (32 bit)

Hi, I am getting error code 13 and can't install spotify on this computer.  I'm downloading using chrome and then even try the right click mentioned above but don't get the "run as administrator" option.  The login I have says it is an administrator when I look at User profiles in Control Panel.

Any Help would be appreciated.  

Music Fan
kidder

[ Edited ]

@ Rob.....Thanks dude ,this was the fix!!!! Right on!!!!

Music Fan
DASnc

I did downoload Agent Ransack and I finnally could install Spotify. You're the man!

Concert Regular
rlmessenger

Unable to re-install Spotify - have tried all of the above suggestions, but to no avail.  Each attempt, it grids away for a few minutes displaying the installer meter, then it kicks out to error #13 about not being able to write files. Am running Win 7 on a new Dell 64 bit machine. have cleaned all Spotify file references out prior to each install attempt.  I have not touched the registry yet.  Any help or further suggestions would be most appreciated.  have re-booted a couple of times during this process, but that doesn't seem to have an effect.

Richardm

Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.