Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

error code 50

Solved!

error code 50

I've tried ten times to install spotify on my windows desktop.  I have had my firewall disabled for the last several attempts.  My internet is working fine on other things.  It keeps adding more "minutes left" in the download and then will eventually give "error code 50".  This error is not listed in your error code list on the FAQ.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The default Spotify installer you download is just a basic installer that downloads the rest of the files it needs, that might be where the problem is. 

Try downloading the full installer manually from here and see if that helps.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 😉 

Do you have any anti-virus software running which might be messing with the download? 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

Thank you. my anti virus was causing the issue and after restarting the computer, it worked perfect. Thanks!

Marked as solution

Your 'here' link in the sentence, "Try downloading the full installer manually from here and see if that helps", worked for me, whereas the download button on the Spotifty website did not work.  Thanks a lot, Peter.  I'm sure you are a good band leader.

Marked as solution

took your advise and went through Cnet, whom I've used and trust many times before. The problem lays in some compatibility issue. I ran trouble shooter and was able to resolve the problem. Am a happy music listener again 😄 thank you

28 Replies

I've also now tried using Chrome and IE for the download.  No luck.

Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The default Spotify installer you download is just a basic installer that downloads the rest of the files it needs, that might be where the problem is. 

Try downloading the full installer manually from here and see if that helps.

Peter

Peter

Nope...file is corrupt. Running windows 7 64bit. no way to download spotify on my computer.

Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 😉 

Do you have any anti-virus software running which might be messing with the download? 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

Thank you. my anti virus was causing the issue and after restarting the computer, it worked perfect. Thanks!

Awesome 😄 enjoy your music!

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

Your 'here' link in the sentence, "Try downloading the full installer manually from here and see if that helps", worked for me, whereas the download button on the Spotifty website did not work.  Thanks a lot, Peter.  I'm sure you are a good band leader.

@Mike1000 wrote:

Thanks man! Enjoy your music 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Hello, I have problems downloading/installing Spotify. The 'normal' download stops at the last second and i get the message that i have to connect to the internet or disable my firewall.... My internet works fine and my Norton 360 is disabled completely. I tried to use the full installer (as found on the community page) but the result is that the file is corrupt with error code 2. Its a new computer with windows 8 and ive tried it with IE and Firefox.... Thanks

Hello djmedy,

Try Peter’s (you know, the ‘Band Leader’) suggestion in his comment, “‎‎11-01-2013 05:28 PM, about 7 comments up the page.  View my expression of gratitude about 2 comments up.  It worked for me.

Good luck,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I've tried the manual installer, but in the end when finished downloading i get the error code 2 message: the file is corrupt... So even that didn't work. You (or anybody else) have another solution?

Thanks

I've had the same problem and still no spotify. Running Windows 7 64 bit. All firewalls and antivirus disabled. Spotify download error 50 &spotify manual installer download failed. Discouraging, I love my spotify.

We don't generally recommend it (again, do this at your own risk), but can you download from a third party?:

http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

took your advise and went through Cnet, whom I've used and trust many times before. The problem lays in some compatibility issue. I ran trouble shooter and was able to resolve the problem. Am a happy music listener again 😄 thank you

That is what I like to hear! Enjoy my friend! 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Ive tried everything,

but it just wont install it keeps coming up with

'the installer was unable to connect to the internet.

please make sure the computer is connecrted to the internet and that no fire wall is blocking the connection and try again

(error code 50)'

but ive turned all my firewalls off and i have no ani-virus systems im very confused on what to do next seeing as a lot of my friends have the same computer and it works for them.

Spotify are currently having some website issues which might be causing issues. Give it a little time and then try again. 

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Peter

I am having the same problem as many others.  Even had my security company disable all firewalls, etc. and it still would not download.  I get error code 50 when I try the default installer from the website and then error 2 (corrupt file) when I tried the "here" link in a previous post.  I need my music!  Help?  

Is it a company/work computer?
Some have group policies enabled which prevent Spotify from installing to the %appdata% folders it requires.

Peter

Suggested posts