Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
spankey53

how do i transfer my playlist to virtual dj

I just purchased a sound board and cannot get my spotify playlist to load onto virtual dj.  any suggestions?

Spotify Legend
Jude

Re: how do i transfer my playlist to virtual dj

Spotify streaming music cannot be exported outside the system (ie Saving permanently to your hard drive, burning CDs etc). If this were possible there would be no way that the rights holders of the music could continue to be paid for the enjoyment of their music.

Music Fan
Kl3pto

Thats Lame -_-

Peter
Kudos: 11,642
Solutions: 3,222

Kl3pto wrote:

Thats Lame -_-

No its not :P

Spotify is an excellent service, if you want to use music in another program then you need to purchase the music so you own it first. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
simonrlewis

Surely that's BS.

You can send tracks to friends via Facebook ??

Peter

You can send links to tracks in the Spotify library using Facebook, you never actually send the track itself. 

Peter

Peter

Music Fan
ThreeDogs

Ok, but what about when you are subscribing for the service and the song is made available for you offline.  Doesnt that mean its been saved locally so that you can play it even without internet connection ?

I thought when saved locally it would have to be somewhere on my computer ?

If I want to use Virtual DJ to play it back that should be OK.  Its just a player and I am paying a monthly subscription so ? whats the go ? and how do I add my songs to VDJ playlist ?

Peter

ThreeDogs wrote:

Ok, but what about when you are subscribing for the service and the song is made available for you offline.  Doesnt that mean its been saved locally so that you can play it even without internet connection ?

I thought when saved locally it would have to be somewhere on my computer ?

If I want to use Virtual DJ to play it back that should be OK.  Its just a player and I am paying a monthly subscription so ? whats the go ? and how do I add my songs to VDJ playlist ?

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Short answer is you can't. Spotify downloaded playlists are stored in an encrypted format so that they can only be played inside the Spotify client. This is to ensure that you can not pirate tracks from Spotify as well as making sure that artists are fairly paid for all of their track plays.

Peter

Peter

Music Fan
Smooch-101

hey, is there a spotify dj app cant seem to find one, or is it possible to transfer my playlist to virtual dj??

Peter

Smooch-101 wrote:

hey, is there a spotify dj app cant seem to find one, or is it possible to transfer my playlist to virtual dj??

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

There is currently no DJ controls built into Spotify, but you might be interested in adding your kudos and comments to this ideas topic.

As said above, you can't export tracks outside of Spotify for use in another program such as Virtual DJ. 

Peter

Peter

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.