Close
Music Fan
kikiwood

how to download music to my windows media player

can someone tell me how i could upload or download the music i want to my media library on windows?

Liam
Topics: 122
Kudos: 1,326
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 426

Re: how to download music to my windows media player

Hi, if you have pruchased the music, it will be in C:\Users\*username*\Music\Spotify and Windows Media Player will import it.

Otherwise, as the music isn't owned by you, you can't.
neo-x
Kudos: 1,930
Solutions: 70

Like Liam offered, you can't actually download music from Spotify. You can only stream music or make it offline available for Spotify.

If you wish to use Windows Media Player or other software to play songs you see in Spotify - You need to buy them from Spotify or other software like iTunes etc, and then import them.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Music Fan
shelton11

will I be able to have music from spotify to window medaia now?

Band Member
Rollo_

no

If this post was helpful, please click the green "+" button below

Read my take on YourMusic HERE.

If you like the Starred list and its ease of use, and would like to see its return, please support by adding Kudos and comments HERE

If you'd like a lean and fast Spotify desktop, without all the default apps slowing things down, please support my idea thread to opt out of them by adding an option to turn them off and on in Preferences. Staff has shown interest in this idea. Click the "Kudos" button and add your comments   HERE

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.