Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
wildfoodie

how to stop spotify loading autmattically on start up

it's really slowing down my  elderly but still perfectly useable Dell laptop... would just like to CHOOSE when it loads of not. If anyone can point me to where I can change this setting I'd be v grateful!

Anthony
Kudos: 1,328
Solutions: 233
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: how to stop spotify loading autmattically on start up

[ Edited ]

wildfoodie wrote:

it's really slowing down my  elderly but still perfectly useable Dell laptop... would just like to CHOOSE when it loads of not. If anyone can point me to where I can change this setting I'd be v grateful!

Hi, and welcome to the Community!

You can go to Edit>preferences, scroll down and click the selection of 'Don't open Automatically'

Anthony :)

This post was by Anthony! I do not work for Spotify! If this solved your issue - mark it as a solution! Do you agree with/like my post? Please add a Kudo!

Spotify Community profile: Anthony | So feel free to PM me! Here
| Twitter profile: anthonyb256 |

Music Lover
wildfoodie

Thanks for that! :-)

Music Lover
Crustac10

That's the answer I was looking for, too. However, I can not access my edit menu no matter what I try. I am running windows 7 Pro and my Spotify version is 0.1.0.26.

Peter
Kudos: 11,903
Solutions: 3,267
I'm a Community Rock Star

Crustac10 wrote:

That's the answer I was looking for, too. However, I can not access my edit menu no matter what I try. I am running windows 7 Pro and my Spotify version is 0.1.0.26.

Hey! :) 

It sounds like you have got the weird web/desktop preview client rather than the full desktop client. 

Try downloading and installing the full client from: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
Crustac10

Re: how to stop spotify loading autmatically on start up

I thank you sir!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.