Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
steff1311

import music from windows media player

hi!

how can i import my music from windows media player to spotify? please help me!

lg stephan

Singer
jvanderb

Re: import music from windows media player

You should be able to do this fairly easily.

To import your playlists from Media Player, click the File menu from within spotify, point to "Import Playlists" and select "Windows Media Player." 

To have your entire library show up as Local Files from within Spotify, click the Edit menu and select Preferences.  Scroll down to the secion labeled "Local Files" and check the box labeled "Windows Media Player."

Music Lover
rqg1

But when you check preferences for windows media and for where the music files are stored (drive d, for me) nothing happens, none of the extra stuff that I've added to windows media imports after the first time I did this a few weeks ago. I never get an option at the top of the local files page to import files. Playlists import - as a playlist title with no tracks.

Singer
jvanderb

Your songs are in a non-standard location, so that is probably why they are not being imported.  This shouldn't be a problem though.  Just go back into Spotify preferences, and at the bottom of the Local Files section, click the button labeled "Add Source..." and browse to the location of your music on the D: drive.  Your local files should then be imported into Spotify.  You might need to re-import your playlists after you've finished this though.

Local Talent
Veneficus

I also have my music (and playlists) in a non-standard location, but adding this location does not solve Spotify not importing the playlists.

I have files on M:\ and its subfolders, and I exported playlists from MediaMonkey to M:\Playlists and even added that folder to the list separately. I imported those playlist into Windows Media Player 12, but Spotify does not import anything when told to do so. It only creates a playlist called "Windows Media Player", which remains empty.

Music Fan
Goose123

Can I import files from Spotify to a music device?

Music Fan
Chanceyanne

Hi, just wanted to say thank you so much for this easily understood instruction.  I was baffled on how to transfer music from Wind Meda Player to Spotify and searched everywhere then found your post and I was able to transfer with a couple of seconds.

Thanks again !!!!

Music Fan
Annet

Followed your advice to the letter, but still unable to re-import. The new location does not come up as an option when pressing import playlist. It only offers me to import Windows Media Player, whereas I added Windows Music Library as actual source. Boo sob sniff. Hopeless at this.

Music Lover
qhara

Exactly the same problem here .. Any solution?

Concert Regular
Malmal

I'm facing the same problem, although it was working correctly a few days ago...

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.