Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
volckerick
Accepted Solution

my spotify keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online..

my spotify keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online..

Garage Band
kristin_vde

Re: my spotify keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online..

I have the exact same problem! I have followed all the guidelines (reinstalled the program, removed and then added Spotify to the Firewall exceptions) but it still won't go online. I have had this problem ever since I upgraded to Unlimited. Are the two related?

Sam

Re: my spotify keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online..

Hey,

Have you tried a basic reinstall of Spotify at all yet? You can get directions on how to do so here... http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

Also, are you receiving any error codes at all?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Music Fan
fishtopher72

I had the same issue as the OP, a reinstall did indeed fix it

Garage Band
kristin_vde

Yes, I have, and it works for a while, but every time I turn my computer off, I need to uninstall spotify and then download it again. Quite time-consuming and annoying...Is there another, permanent solution?

BTW, I just get the basic error code that spotify is offline, no special error codes or anything.

Gig Goer
Focus

Ik have the exact same problem, help needed asap, I am a music addict

Gig Goer
Braveheart708

Same problem just now but I did get an error code, 404. A problem with the server atm perhaps? Eventhough the twitter page has nothing about it.

Garage Band
kristin_vde

... and now I even have it on another computer, at work!

Gig Goer
Braveheart708

"We are investigating why the service is down for many users. Updates will be posted here once we have more information"
From the Twitter service update page :) 

Gig Goer
Focus

isn't working on my iPhone either but not everybody seems to have problems?

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.