Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
k7sw

"Choose playlist as current playlist" with empty playlist, odd error message.

On OSX Mountain Lion I was playing a song I found through the search feature. I ctrl+clicked an empty playlist and selected "Choose as current playlist".

I expect the rest of my song to play and the rest of the search results to be removed from the upcoming play queue. This all happens as planned, however, an unusual error message appears.

"This track is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

This doesn't interrupt my listening experience but the error message implies a problem that doesn't exist. The Error message goes away when I select another track to play. The bug seems to be aesthetic only as there is nothing abnormal I can do with the error message.

Expected behavior:
No error message when attempting to choose empty playlist as current playlist

Repro steps:
Create a new playlist, leave the default name and press enter, ctrl-click (right-click) the newly created playlist and select "Choose as Current Playlist"

Suggestions:
Add menu item: Playback -> Advanced -> Pause/Stop after current song

Use cases:

Using a playlist to collate tracks (podcasts, long running live tracks), want playback to stop after current track, using workaround in lieu of complicating functionality

Joe
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: "Choose playlist as current playlist" with empty playlist, odd error message.

Just a thought - if you had the option to show unplayable tracks enabled, maybe you would have seen that the playlist wasn't empty but contained greyed-out tracks which aren't available in your country or were added as local files?

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Peter
Kudos: 12,400
Solutions: 3,406
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: "Choose playlist as current playlist" with empty playlist, odd error message.

This is a known bug which has been reported over on this topic relating to an error message when you select a blank playlist as the current one. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.