Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
furch

"this action is not possible in offline mode"

Hey guys i'm premium, and love your service in everyway, but i can't play any of my music at the moment though i know i got internetconnection. I have tried logging in and out, and done pretty much everything i could think off. Could this be restored back to normal soon? :)

Have a great day everyone out there!

Concert VIP
ebbo

Re: "this action is not possible in offline mode"

[ Edited ]

Ah well, that means I can stop trying to fix the problem on my end. Having the exact same problem. 

Havent had any problems in months so I guess I cant complain. Maybe an update to the service status would be in order though.

EDIT: didnt realize this was the mac forum. Im on nix which might be another clue that the problem has something to do with the Spotify servers.

Gig Goer
pistolpete

Glad to know its not just me too. Any ideas? It works perfectly on PC or mobile but frustratingly not on MAC

/applications/spotify.app/contents/macos/spotify
21:08:14.630 I [breakpad.cpp:106 ] Registered Breakpad for product: spotify

21:08:14.649 I [translate.cpp:133 ] Reloading language file
21:08:14.650 E [resource_loader.cpp:222 ] Loading of skin file(msgid.pob) failed ''
21:08:14.650 E [translate.cpp:110 ] Spotify resources and binary are out-of-sync. This should never happen.
21:08:14.650 I [breakpad.cpp:254 ] Searching for crashdumps: /Users/xxx/Library/Caches/*.dmp

2012-11-19 21:08:14.662 spotify[289:707] Reachability Flag Status: -R -----l- networkStatusForFlags
21:08:14.664 E [resource_loader.cpp:222 ] Loading of skin file(skin.xml) failed ''

Music Fan
grym

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem here i have been spending the last 2 hours trying to figure it out!!!!

But nothing... It's even worst now, my playlists are empty!!!

Please could someone from spotify adress this problem and answer, please!!! I don' mean to b**ch about it but come on it's a paying service and it would ne nice to have some support!

Thanks in advance

Music Lover
Colorspace

I've been in offline mood for a week or more. What's happening? I have reinstalled Spotify, logged in and out several times but nothing changes. Is Spotify working on this?
pxg
Music Fan
pxg

I have had the same problem happening intermidently on OS X both yesterday and today. I also have a premium account, very frustrating.

Roadie
imia315

I am running Mac OSX 10.7.5 Macbook Air and I am a Premium user having the same problem as well!

Everytime I close and restart the application it still says I am in "offline mode" although I am not, obviously since I am using the internet to post this comment.

Concert Regular
iamnev

i've been deleting the Cache and Application Support folders.

It makes it work for a little while but then the errors come back...

Ridiculous thing to have to do but its on their web site as part of the Clean install proceedures.

Spotify is getting worse.... Booo!

Concert Regular
MrPlan

I am either getting error message 802 OR i go to offline mode.. This is annoying as i have become so day-to-day addicted to spotify.. I dont even have a cd player anymore :o
Must.. have... music!!

Music Fan
kenngar77

chance are you are loggin in using facebooks creds and you've changed your FB password.  Use your new password and it should work

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.