Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
chud
Accepted Solution

removing song from play queue?

i'm sure this has been asked before but i couldn't find it, so sorry if it's been asked a million times.  once i click on a playlist and it loads into the play queue, how can i remove it from playing before it starts?  thanks in advance for your help!!

Music Fan
Tracyland

Re: removing song from play queue?

Why hasn't anyone answered this dude???? I can't figure out ouw to get songs off my queue and favories, etc. 

Community Manager
Meredith

[ Edited ]

Hi Chud & Tracyland-- I've posted the basics of how the play queue works below:

If you do a search that returns a lot of results it will keep playing the search results until you either stop Spotify itself or add different music to the queue. The same will happen if you play a song from one of your playlists. 

If you continue to search for more music or manually add other songs to the queue it will play those rather than the rest of the search results.

The songs that are manually added individually will appear in yellow and remain at the top of the queue. These can be deleted by doing a right click on the track and selecting 'delete'. 

Concert VIP
jpuhalla

@Meredith  So your saying this is a feature, not a bug :-P

Concert Regular
Maarit

I don't care for this feature at all. I assumed by exiting the program (on my PC) and then opening it that the music would be gone. Nope... it's still there. I have about 200 songs just sitting there starring at me and in the past I fast forward through each to song to finally remove them when I have time. It's annoying, time consuming and I think it's a horrible feature because now Spotify counts it as if I actually listened to the song and all of the junk music I don't want to listen to is publised on my FB page.

Please make it so we can just delete everything and to this day I have no idea why some songs just show up on my queue when I'm only adding a single song and others don't. I'm not doing anything differently.

Talent Scout
George

I think a clear queue button is definitely the way forward...

Voting this up: "Clear play queue"

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Music Fan
Brooklynbrenda

Im right there with you...I apparently added whole albums while learning how it worked. I tried the right click on the track but I am unable to delete anything. Very frustrating!

Music Lover
cmh96734

Yes, it is mind numbing.  I am heading back to Groove Shark and Pandora.  At least I can fully edit playlists and my queue easily with Groove Shark.  This is a serious flaw within the UI, and is clearly frustrating Spotify users.  they need to take note and implement some kind of "clear play queue" function.  Until that happens, I am out.  

Concert Regular
Maarit

I did it again and I am beyond annoyed because I can't just remove the songs. I have about 40 Selena Gomez songs now stuck in my queue because my 4 year old niece wanted to hear 1 of her songs.

Can you PLEASE just make it so I can delete this stuff? What Meredith says is the solution is far from it. This is the 1 feature that is making me consider changing to another player.

Put a clear queue feature and it will solve the problem. Heck, I was hoping the last update would wipe out the queue on close and reopen, but nope.... Or simply activate the delete option. Now I'm going to have to fast forward through these songs one by one like I do every time this happens. And it happens often.

Can I send a bill to Spofity for the time it takes me to clear the songs because what should be a simply process takes several minutes to accomplish.

Talent Scout
George

In fairness, it is a lot simpler than you are making out to *empty* the queue, if you need to even empty it.

Since you just have to start playing a track from another place, be it a playlist, an album or whereever, and it'll wipe out the old queue. But if you absolutely had to empty the queue you could just hit play on the last track in the queue, and assuming shuffle / repeat were not on, hit the skip button.

Hardly hours of work... though I still support the idea of adding a clear queue button for the sake of clarity.

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Announcements

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.