Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
iansan

Re: stereo output only from Spotify on 5.1 system

I would like to bump this thread. Even with stereo "fill" options turned on, spotify for some reason overwrites my sound drivers (realtek HD) and will only play out of two of the five speakers. These are one of the most common drivers in the desktop and laptop PC world. 

Note: I have tried messing with the sound quality, turning it to extremely high and low qualities to no avail. I have also tried disabling the "Exclusive Mode" options which only seems to shut off all sound at random intervals.

Garage Band
jeproject

gigachris wrote:

I know recordings are 2.1(!) Most of the time. 

They aren't 2.1, they are 2.0. There is no seperate bass channel in stereo. 2.1 systems just divert the bass in both channels to the subwoofer.

Music Fan
DeeTee_UK

It's not a true fix, but I managed to get something out of the sub by setting it to 7.1, even though I wasn't using that.

Music Fan
Breakerfall

Bump^2

Same problem here. changing Realtek HD settings doesn't help. The fact that I can't get 5.1 to work is a shame, but I really would really like the low frequencies redirected to my subwoofer. 

Gig Goer
tomwolf

Yeah, my problem is that having bought a new 5.1 speaker system I now recieve a message saying "There is a problem with your sound card. Spotify can't play music." Rather funny how I have just spent the last hour downloading the most recent Dell audio driver back onto my computer as a suggestion was to uninstall/reinstall it. 

These speakers are are replacement to my 2.0's which happen to be a replacement for a identical pair of 5.1's I have just bought, however they stopped working after two years (down to what I believe was repeated knocking), indeed prior to incident they worked with Spotify too without this message appearing. Also, these speakers are registered and appear to work on the volume mixer, however still don't work with other applications such as YouTube on google chrome.

So, I've had these 5.1's working on spotify, now there's a message saying my working soundcard doesn't work..

Music Fan
gnurra

In speaker properties, advanced tab, uncheck Exlusive Mode optons. That worked for me.

Music Lover
W177

I am having this problem as well. Turning off exclusive mode doesn't seem to have made any difference and switching to 7.1 mode also makes no difference. All I want to do is use all of my speakers to output sound instead of 3 sitting there collecting dust!

I am using a logitech 5.1 setup connected directly to my onboard sound and using Realtek drivers.

Music Fan
lopezatienza

Hello I'm Spotify user since the beginning of Free User Accounts.

I just bought a 5.1 speaker and I was awesome that Spotify doesn't support it.

I think is a required upgrade for at least premium user as I am.

It is sad that every times I organize a party with friends, finally we play the music on grooveshark by IE, which supports 5.1 configuration.

I'm paying 10€ per month since 2 years at least and now I'm thinkiing on change to grooveshark and close spotify account.

I wish this issue will sent to a Moderator and think about it or you will loose a customer soon..

Music Fan
Zushakon

This thread really needs a bump. Spotify really needs a function for playing sound out of more than 2 speakers. Foobar2000 has functions that does this perfectly. Having an excellent 5.1 surrond system and then spotify only playing out of 2 of my speakers is a disaster.

It would be incredibly nice if there was a function to convert stereo to 5.1 or at least 4 channels.

Music Fan
Vagabond__

I found  a solution, 1st time poster so if this is a repost don't crucify to hard.

I use Logitech 5.1 setup with current realtek drivers and the problem is whether in the system settings you have Dolbly Pro logic IIx ticked in the speaker properties. Here are some quick pics to make life easier.

Right Click, then selct Playback Devices

.1.PNG

Next screen should look something like this. Right click on Speakers and select Properties.

(use same method if using digital or optical as there a some settings you can play with.)

2.PNG

Once the next screen is up select Dolby and then check the Dolby Pro logic box and if you want a slight bass boost to and hopefully that will fix the problem.

3.PNG

Hope this helps you guys as it did me, there are more settings you may want to play with. Enjoy the music. (sorry I did the pics super quick)

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.