Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
klaernie

text unreadable while a dark QT theme is active

I got problems while using a dark theme in my desktop.

When I run spofity under my GTK based desktop with a QT theme that uses dark backgrounds and light text colors the search box is not readable. The foreground color is taken from spotify, the bg from the theme.

Screenshot unreadable Search box

Please fix this by either using the full QT theme or by explicitly specifying the background color.

Music Fan
fuzzer

Re: text unreadable while a dark QT theme is active

+1

I also use a dark QT theme, and the probably hardcoded color values for the search bar text renders unreadable when i highlight the search bar.

These color values should be determined by the QT theme not the application. Observe that the rename playlist text functions properly! (Spotify 0.8.8.323)

(Not using any desktop environment, DWM as window manager)

Music Fan
hbomb187

I as well have had this issue, modifying the xml in resources.zip seems to make no difference. Unfortunately until full QT support, this will mean blind typing into search box! Depressing! Fix this please!

Music Fan
stormking

I don't understand why issues like that don't get fixed. It keeps everybody with a dark theme from using the search function. And fixing things like that requires modifiing one, maybe two lines of code. This is sooo amateurish.

Music Fan
padakuro

I know the thread is already a few months old, but I face the same issue and as my gf also uses the application, I had to find a fix. Not the most elegant way, but works on my machine (ArchLinux + KDE 4.11 + WontonSoup color theme + spotify 0.9.4.183-2 ). The command below changes the background color of the qt textbox widget to white.

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify /MainWindow org.qtproject.Qt.QApplication.setStyleSheet string:"QLineEdit { background-color: #fff }"

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.