Close
Music Lover
davidb55

Can't find Spotify's "Radio" option on Sonos....

Is this a known shortcoming of the Sonos implementation of Spotify? Seems a big loss to me.....   Any plans to upgrade the Sonos app?

David B.

Community Legend
licenced

Re: Can't find Spotify's "Radio" option on Sonos....

It's Sonos you probably need to bug about this as they wrote the integration just using the Spotify APIs. Of course there may not be an API available for the radio function, in which case it would be Spotify you'd need to ask first, then Sonos
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
MSM
Music Fan
MSM

I just signed up for a Spotify premium subscription to use the service with my Sonos.  Unfortunately, way too many of Spotify's features (e.g. Radio) are unavailable through the Sonos.

Just canceled my subscription.

Music Fan
john-shore

While it's Sonos that apparently is responsible for the Sonos-Spotify integration, the only reason I subscibed to Spotify premium was to obtain access to Spotify's features via Sonos.     I'm not alone.   It's clear that Spotify has a vested interest in having Sonos access all the features, so it seems to be a misguided copout to say it's up to Sonos to fix this.   If there's no change soon I will just cancel Spotify premium (and continue to enjoy Spotify radio free on my mobile.   js

Music Fan
bran233

I agree, no Spotify radio on my Sonos and I will be cancelling my new premium account.

Community Legend
licenced

Just make sure you take any opportunity you are given when you cancel to give the exact reason - the more people do the more likely they'll implement something :-)

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Concert VIP
Trickery

Just cancelled and put "No Radio Functionality with Sonos" as the reason. Pandora it seems for me!

Music Fan
Mattsin

Just got an Onkyo AV receiver and same problem - no spotify radio.

I'm outside the US so no Pandora avaliable. 

Spotify need to update their API to add radio support - this is a feature that fits perfectly with "radio" devices like Sonos etc where searching for artists, albums etc is not easy and so having a single click "Start Spotify Radio" is ideal...

Music Lover
igazz24

[ Edited ]

Hi all

It seems sure to me that Spotify needs to do something and extend there API for Sonos being able to offer Spotify Radio functionality on their system. I recently tried Simfy, which also integrates with Sonos and their Artists Radio functionality works great and prove me wrong but they just offer an better API than Spotify does. I'm thinking about moving away from Spotify to Simfy, at least until Spotify "upgrades" their API.

Regards
Martin

Gig Goer
WEL3

I am totally confused.  I am a brand new subscriber and signed up from premium service just so I could use the radio service with Sonos.  Is this correct that it cannot be used.  Then i too will cancel and use Pandora.

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.