Help - Other (Partner Devices, Windows Phone, Music, etc.)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
JeanMcMahan
Accepted Solution

MP3 Players

Will we be able to download our music to other systems that are not part of the IPod team, such as a RCA MP3 Player

CDK
Music Fan
CDK

Re: MP3 Players

I am wondering the same thing.  I would like to use my PREMIUM account on my MP3 player (not an iPod) if possible.  If not then I may downgrade my subscription to SPOTIFY UNLIMITED or go back to the free option.

I hope that other users know the answer to this question.  Thank you ahead of time

Music Fan
ilovedeathmetal

I would love to put all the music I like on my MP3 player since I still have so much more room left. Other wise I have to go out and spend so much money on buying cds to get it on the **bleep** thing. I don't have the money for an Ipod, nor do I like apple devices. I would love to put music on my Sansa E260 from Spotify.

Spotify
David

There may be a misunderstanding here. Allow me to explain.

Tracks from the Spotify catalogue can only be played on devices that can install the Spotify application. Such as Windows & Mac computers, or smartphones listed here on a Premium account - http://www.spotify.com/mobile/overview/

In terms of MP3 players, Spotify is currently only compatible with iPod devices, such as the iPod Shuffle, Nano and Classic. On these devices, you can transfer local files or tracks purchased within the application using the Download Store in Spotify. The Download Store is currently not available in the US.
-----
Spotify
Concert Regular
michaeltartar

It's really disappoiting that with a Premium subscription, it's not possible pour upload the music on any MP3 player. Do you plan any solution to make that available ?

Award Winning Artist
hpguru
I'm a Community Rock Star

Spotify's Offline music is encoded. Only Spotify can understand it. So not to be happen this. To iPod you only can transfer Locals.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Lover
CakeFace1977

I'm with a lot of people here...if you make Spotify compatible with other MP3 players I would be a subscriber.

Music Lover
blabarth

Am completely with you all. Am currently running with a Sansa clip and wouldn't trade it for a big device such as an iphone to run. If at least we could transfer spotify songs (others than locals) to a iPod shuffle, that would be a good start but that's not even the case as far as I understand it. That's too bad.

Gig Goer
Keatonhj

Maybe Spotify could release their own MP3 player for premium users. One that could understand the encoded songs and one we could run with. A million dollar idea right there! I'll accept bank transfer thankyou.

Music Fan
Kaleinani

If Rhapsody can do it, then so too should Spotify. I hate Apple products, and will not support groups of business that allow that company to maintain a monopoly. Fix it or I just will never give you my money. Iam sure there are several others who feel the same. 

Gotta love capitalism and free market concepts. 

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.