Close
Gig Goer
ravitrok
Accepted Solution

Problems with Spotify on my SONOS

I've had Sonos for over a year plus have been a Spoify premium account holder for over a year.

Spotify used to work fine on my Sonos, but has recently shown 'cannot play track', some message that the connection is  not sufficient of bandwith insufficient.

I am sure there has not been any changes on the configuration.

If I run with speedtest.net I have at least 8Mbps  (up until 20) connection.

Could anyone help me ?

1 - How can I detect and secure that the connection is sufficient for spotify?

2 - Are there any specific configuration settings on Sonos, Spotify, Network which are to be checked / set?

3 - Since I read in the other posted messages, that other users are suffering from the same, is it possible that it is releated to the growing number of users (so more on Spotify server side)? 

Community Legend
licenced

Re: Problems with Spotify on my SONOS

Hi there,

If it's a growing number of users then it would be Sonos's fault rather than Spotify's as they manage the servers for the Spotify service through Sonos. Either way, in your case it's probably a good idea to log this with Sonos support - when I had to to that for a similar issue back in the early days of the Sonos-Spotify service their support guys were pretty good and, using logs from your system, should be able to help you pin down the problem.

Dave
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Music Fan
gunsofbrixton

Are you on Virgin Media because just recently Spotify has become unusable on that - I have probelms through Sonos, on my PC and on the iPad .I have seen gripes elsewhere about it.

Gig Goer
Rob123

I have a lot of problems playing Spotify on Sonos. There is as far as I understand not enough capacity on the servers for streaming Spotify through Sonos. A lot of people meet the same problem. I think Spotify and Sonos should sort this out ASAP. Can anyone tell whether there are initiatives to solve this problem?
Music Fan
gaz67

I'm having exactly the same issues; a premium customer for over a year and with BT and not Virgin!!

error messages: unable to browse music and icorrect login/paasword?

anyone any views?

Community Legend
licenced

As mentioned above, if you have issues on Sonos then you should report this through the Sonos Support route - their support guys are much more responsive and able to get the information they need from your Sonos equipment to determine where the issue is
----------------
Gig Goer
Rob123

Licenced, I am still convinced the problem has to do with the lack of capacity of the connection between Spotify and Sonos. The problem only occurs at times there are probably a lot of people online. I do not like the way you react anyway always saying the fault is in the Sonos installation while a lot of people have the same problem and the messages from Spotify you often get have nothing to do with your own installation. I have decided to subscribe to Deezer because I do not think Spotify will solve this problem. Deezer is working well.
Community Legend
licenced

Did you get anywhere with Sonos support before switching to Deezer?

I'm not trying to shift blame (I don't work for either company) - I just know that the Spotify service through Sonos is managed by Sonos (so any lack of capacity would be their issue) and also that Sonos support is much (much) better than Spotify's - for any issue playing anything through Sonos it's always best to start with them, let their support guys look into it and tell you if you need to ask elsewhere. You won't get the same level of response by starting with Spotify Support unfortunately

D
----------------
Gig Goer
Rob123

Hi Licenced, I know people have spoken to the Sonos helpdesk, but they could not solve the problem. Deezer is a service as good as Spotify so its easier and less risky to go over to Deezer. I'm holding Spotify responsible for the capacity of their servers, because I am paying Spotify and not Sonos for streaming their music.
Concert VIP
Bremvelt

Hi 'licensed,

I wrote the text beneath already at another thread. But me too changed over to Deezer. Sonos guys indeed do everything they can, but also in the Netherlands, for me anyway, there is no solution.

And indeed, I was paying Spotify, so should expect that they would do the utmost to solve the problem(s)

"I am a user from the Netherlands, using Sonos and USED Spotify. Spotify tells me it a Sonos problem, but I am busy with the Sonos Support since 2 months, and nothing seems wrong. They really did EVERYTHING they could, but still Spotify tells me that there is no connection (connection broken) or too less speed to fill the waiting list of my playlist.

I stopped with Spotify and I am using Deezer now. NO PROBLEMS at all, so Sonos is okay.

So, If someone of SPOTIFY is reading this !!!!

Please help a lot of customers or ex-customers, who want to be costumer again, to solve this problem !

I would appreciate that very much."

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.