Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

473 Replies
Marked as solution

That is the picture that normally gets displayed on an error page such as "User not found" or something similar.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had no idea. Thanks! 🙂

Hi,

This is the message (in Swedish unfortunately) that I receive when I try to add Spotify as a service in my Sonos Connect.

I'm running Sonos Controller for Mac version 4.3 and I have a Spotify Premium account.

There's nothing wrong with the Internet Connection (the radio service works) and I have also tried to restart the Sonos Device.

What could be wrong? It says I should contact Spotify...

Skärmavbild 2014-05-03 kl. 13.42.25.png

Hi,

I have the problem like the one before my post. I have used spotify with my sonos system for nearly about 2 years. It was connected with a device code and password. Since some days it doesn't work anymore. I have tried to reinstall sonos and spotify on my mobile, it doesn't change anything.

I have got an premium account, i use an android controller with android version 4.1.2. The sonos system is up to date version 4.3.

Because it wasn't able anymore to play music from spotify, I tried to reconnect Sonos to my spotify account, but all I get is this message, in my case in german. It tells me to contact spotify. The internet connection is working, I can hear online radio for example. Can anyone help me?

2014-05-04 22.02.32.png

PC, Iphone, Ipad - no connection between Spotify and SONOS. If they don't kiss and make up I will dump Spotify - not thrashing my SONOS speakers for sure...!

Got exactly the same problem with my Sonos system and my Spotify premium account since 2 or 3 hours now...

It's just.... annoying 😞

I think that Spotify changed something in authorization system and Sonos didn't update their system yet...

Someone from Spotify might reply here... No ?

Please get your phone and start to Chat with sonos. Please!

Sonos tweeted to say they are aware of the issue and working on it:

Peter

OK thanks. I don't use tweeter and nothing appears on their website

It works now, may they found something.

Hello, I have had premium for 3 years now and last week i got myself a sonos system. I try to log in to spotify through sonos but i get the message that i need premium and i cant get it to work. someone have a solution?

//David

You do need Spotify Premium to use Spotify on Sonos. Do you have a Premium account?

Peter

yes since 3 years...

I can log into my spotify account on my sonos home computer but on the iphone when i type username and password I tap log in and it freezees up. If i touch anything else the page reacts. the log in tab wont react

Phil

Suggested posts