Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is awesome, but I feel you are missing a gargantuan opportunity

Spotify is awesome, but I feel you are missing a gargantuan opportunity

So, we all know that Spotify is flat-out awesome. Access to millions of songs....enjoying music we know, and discovering music we weren't aware of before. But one way to take it to a completely new level - in my opinion - would be to significantly upgrade/improve the social interaction between users. Spotify could easily become the Instagram of music. I am a bit older than most here I would imagine, and I keep up with friends and family through Facebook. But a big percentage of my posts there are music-related. The comments, interactions, discoveries there are really great! I am not suggesting Spotify change their core concept to a FB-like app, but sharing music needs to be discussed and I think Spotify could easily take the millions of users who are leaving Facebook these days.... there will likely be tens of millions of people leaving FB - Spotify could go get a good percentage of them! Develop the social aspect of Spotify, and the growth would be enormous. Just my opinion!

3 Replies

Hey there!

Thanks for the feedback! I've moved your topic over here in the since it's not really a particular feature request (for the ideas exchange) but more general feedback. Could you maybe be more precise what should actually change in Spotify social? 😉

The social aspect is quite important for Spotify, so your feedback is more than welcome! 🙂

Hello there!

Thanks for feedback. Spotify is looking for it. Keep more coming.

Thanks.

A couple ideas:

Make user pages instead of (or in addition to) your profile page. Here, you can link a song, send it to another user's page, and have a full discussion thread on your page. You can kind of do this via the activity bar on the right side, but that isn't big enough to really see a full conversation. Also have artist pages, where there can be a lot of interaction with fans... I also think it could be good to integrate some of the best functionality of the apps into the main Spotify app. How about imbedding video clips, artist commentaries, live gigs, etc. Maybe a link to show guitar tabs? There are tons of ideas.... 

Suggested posts